Got Salt ?

Desertdawg

lol well I only have 1 cat! I used to have 19 horses though.

NINETEEN....................... :banghead I had 2 Arabians that drove me nuts....................sold them to the corner Asian Buffet King :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Loud Pedal

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

Can I get a crab situation update???

My only question is will the crab and shrimp be ready for the BBQ in Feb?

My only question is will the crab and shrimp be ready for the BBQ in Feb?

The crab and shrimp may be ready, but I'm not going to invite them to the BBQ, I don't trust any of you guys!

Update:

I added some new critters on Tuesday, and a bitchn' new fish! I even have pictures!!!

But this week has been hectic and upsetting so I haven't gotten around to editing and posting them. I will work on it though.

Update part dos:

I picked up some more live rock today and re-aquascaped tonight, It's a dust storm and I've still got about 15 gallons of water to make before it's running again tonight.... Picks of the new look coming soon!

Hey Dwayne, they make filters that attach to the intake of the those power heads. In fact, there may have been one in that stuff I gave ya. They do a great job of polishing the water quickly.

Yeah I got them Dave, I put a new one on last night to help control the dust storm after moving the sand around so I could rearrange the rock! I swear guys, pictures are coming soon, it's just been one hell of a week!

Well the camera didn't get all the pictures, I was able to pull a few out that are worth seeing...

I found a crab molt from the sally light foot, it's just a shell they shed to grow!

Posted Image

Here she is cleaning whatever she can find on one of the pencil urchins.

Posted Image

My new fish, it's a Gold Rim Tang and it's about 2.5 inch's long so far, should get to about 5 inch's.

You can see the peppermint shrimp in there condo behind her.

Posted Image

An Emerald Green crab, there's 3 of them and they are about the size of a half dollar.

Posted Image

One of the new rocks I picked up at the store.

Posted Image

I'll get some new pictures as soon as I get a black background on it...

New hobby seems to be keepin ya off the street corner at nite Dawg! Lookin good!

I work on the tank naked, so its just as much fun!

No wonder he has no money to buy those heads. :lol:bolt:

Maybe looking to go for more HP than I can get from those heads....... And no cheating either!

I'ts looking good Dawg! Did you give them all names yet?

The kids named the new fish Dori from the nemo movie, Jammye calls both clown fish nemo, they swim together all day long so in reality they only need one name anyway.

Rebecca named the pencil urchins... #2 and mechanical.

Ted, if your going to spell it like that, you'll fit right in!

And maybe working nekked scared that other one outta its shell...

Well, it would definitely make me want to find a place to go and hide. :U

• 2 months later...

Really BIG update...

Middle of Oct. I got ich, I lost all the fish... in the process of trying to treat it I also lost a few of the critters...

After tons of research I finally decided that the best course of action was to go fishless for 5 weeks, that would asure the ich was dead and gone.

Ich has a life cycle of about 3 weeks, after it feeds on the fish for about 12 to 18 hours it drops off looking for a hard surface to breed and multiply for about 7 to 10 days, after that if floats around for about 8 to 10 hours looking for a new host to feed on.

So after 5 weeks here is the final rack scaping and a fishless tank

Posted Image

Some of the cleanup crew is still there:

1 Sally Light Foot crab

1 Fancy Nassarous snail

3 Emerald crabs

1 Peppermint Shrimp (the other 4 became food for the crabs)

about 15 Hermit crabs

2 Pencil Urchins

Several feather dusters

So how about a lot of pictures?

Fancy Nassarous Snail

Posted Image

This is how big the sucker is!

Posted Image

One Mushroom

Posted Image

Some Zoo's

Posted Image

Montipora

Posted Image

So right after Thanksgiving we ran up to Chandler to pick up our new ich free fish.

2 False Percula Clowns

1 Yellow Tang

And we couldn't resist buying a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone for the clowns to play in.

Here it is right after I put it in the tank, it opened up beautifully and the clowns were immediately interested in their new home.

Posted Image

The Anemone is about the size of my open hand, the clowns getting closer.

Posted Image

And then the RBTA decided to play shy and crawled around behing the rock for a week..... really!

But the clowns finally hosted the Anemone, now they only swim out to catch a bite of food then they dive right back in, they even sleep in it!

Posted Image

Who's that peeking out????

Posted Image

Hey it's yeller!! Jammye named it Daisy!

You can also see where the Anemone went to hide ....FOR A DAMN WEEK!

Posted Image

Peek a Boo

Posted Image

Swim out, grab a bite, swim right back! Big Chicken!!!

Of course Daisy see's us as something big enough to eat her, that's why she hides.

She'll get braver, and realize we bring food, she will eventually eat out of our hand.

Posted Image

Here's the funny part, whenever we get close to the tank, she goes and hides with the clowns. It's odd since she isn't a clown and she isn't immune to the RBTA stings...

Posted Image

One week later the RBTA decides to start moving, first adventure was to crawl under the rock through a hole and around the front side.

The Urchin is on the front glass.

Posted Image

But it didn't stop there, it kept working it's way around to the very same spot it just left.

The white part is it's foot that does the crawling, it's pretty amazing how far around it stretched.

Posted Image

The two clowns catch up and are wondering why their home is moving.

Posted Image

This whole move lasted about an hour.

Posted Image

The little black spot in the middle of the picture is the hole the RBTA crawled through.

Posted Image

The clowns are probably thinking, "hey, this is a good spot!" but it crawled on around the back anyway.

Posted Image

The next day after lights on, the RBTA crawled out front and has decided to stick around in full view for now.

We have fed it twice, small pieces of silversides (small fish) and some pieces of cut up raw shrimp. Hopefully it will split and we will have to anemones...

Posted Image

The next 2 pictures are my algae scrubber, I get about a handful of algae off of it every week, so far the water levels are staying almost perfect with just this scrubber and no other filtration or a skimmer running!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh and I dug up the 2 cleaner clams from the very first order and they are still alive... Then they both dug back into the sand not to be seen again!

• 2 weeks later...

My Sally Light Foot (Betty) left me a new molt!

Yeah she left it hanging from the rocks....

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

My one free mushroom pictured above has spawned... I now have baby shrooms!!!! :banannarainbow:

Posted Image

Something fishy about this thread......................

:facepalm: you've been waiting to use that line haven't you?