What are you doing, right this instant?

Marco

The Father land.  If you hear of Gordon's in that area, they are mine

Go down to Luray and check out the Luray Caverns and eat at Uncle Bucks

Glad to see you're having a great trip. Other then the rain of course. Thanks for the pictures.

13 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

The Father land.  If you hear of Gordon's in that area, they are mine

Go down to Luray and check out the Luray Caverns and eat at Uncle Bucks

I thought your people are from Nebraska?

Wish I had known about the caverns. I was up that way yesterday... today I gotta do laundry and motorcycle maintenance in preparation for turning back towards home tomorrow morning.

In Tennessee now. Rode the "Tail of the Dragon" both ways yesterday, followed by Cherohala Skyway.  Great motorcycle roads all over the place here, and would be awesome Corvette roads for sure!

20220516_101717.thumb.jpg.dff00fd1f8182d3ac0c3850c001834a0.jpg20220516_101831.thumb.jpg.e0d73bb0be222aa52fb14a660ea3faf9.jpg20220516_113335.thumb.jpg.99322bb09828b959dee2d33a32eb4921.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Glad your trip is going well. Did U'n sez any moonshineers in dem thar hills?

1 hour ago, Grape Ape said:

Looking for moonshine? You only need to get off on the North side of I-40 headed West or East at exit 152. After visiting the only gas station, AKA the Bucksnort gift shop, then take 230 W North to Bucksnort Rd and follow it even as it heads South and dead ends at the Only Rd in Tennessee. Turn right (West) and in about a mile look for the Only still, assuming it's still there and Billy Joe Dyer didn't move it into the woods again. Only go about 1 mile past Only before turning back to Only again if you didn't find the still actually in Only. Only do it once, since getting lost in Only, only means you found the still. Take Dyer Rd  out of Only to TN-50 North to get back to I-40. It's not the only way to get to TN-50, but using Only Rd South takes longer. You could also leave Only on Only Rd headed East to get to 230 W, which only gets you North to I-40 again where you started. The Only still in Only, is the only still I still remember in Tennessee.

BTW. My mother-in-law was born in Only, which is the only reason why I knew anything about Only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grape Ape said:

No, but we think we had some Moonshiners involved in a hillbilly soap opera in the hotel room between us in Sparta North Carolina...:smilelol

..."as the stomach turns"...

• Like 1

I'll have to go check out Only, Tom. It's only like an hour south of me. If I find the only still in Only, I'll only let you know. That way nobody else will know it's still there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tom, thats  funny you mention Bucksnort, not a lot of people know where that is but I do. Spent a night there when Nashville was to crowded to stay in for some music festivities going on there. 

21 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Tom, thats  funny you mention Bucksnort, not a lot of people know where that is but I do.

Me too... drove past there frequently back in my truck driving days. :driving:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Me too... drove past there frequently back in my truck driving days. :driving:

Yep back when I was a trucking fool. That’s how I found Bucksnort. Should have bought the T shirt. 
Back in the early 80’s trucking was actually enjoyable, No cell phones:lol 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...