Are Snowbirds welcome ?

Guest Gary6699

Guest Gary6699

Hi Folks,

My name is Gary and I will be in Mesa for the winter, starting the first week in November. I live in a small community in the interior of British Columbia, Canada and am currently an active member in the BC Corvette Club, which has about 130 members and is based in Vancouver. I drive a '99 Nassau Blue Roadster. Sold my '66 BB a couple of montha ago and am still having withdrawal pains.

I am looking forward to meeting some Corvette people and participating in numerous events over the next few months.

See you soon :cheers:

Save the WAVE !!

:howdy:

Yep, snow birds are more than welcome!

Check the calendar to see what events are going on. The link is up in the upper right corner. I try my best to keep it up to date with as many activities as possible.

Enjoy the "winter" here in the Valley of the Sun and we hope to see you at an upcoming event.

SnowBirds are definitely welcome! Expect some ribbing about it though! Those of us still working are the extremely jealous types.

Hope to see ya soon! :howdy:

Guest XLR8TNC5

Of course Snowbirds are welcome.

One word of advice though....Here it is MPH not KPH. So, if it says 40, it means in Miles....not Kilometers. Just thought I'd help ya out with that.... ;) and the Ribbing begins.

Looking forward to meetin ya. Are you driving the C5 down?

Guest Gary6699

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the welcomes ....... and the verbal abuse !! :thumbs: I'm sure I will find time to return same. Possibly starting at Hooters on November 6.

Tanya - Yes, bringing the C5 - Will stick with KPH....when I'm doing 100 your only doing 60 !! Think how fast you would have been going on you speed run if you would have been using KPH ...

Save the Wave :howdy:

Gary.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Gary,

Now, that is my kind of thinking. I will turn my MPH over to read KPH too and we can go have some fun....lol. Don't say I didn't try to help you out though when the coppers pull you over. :D Can't wait to see your C5 and meet ya at Hooters one night. Where are you staying while you are here?

3,503 lbs of trouble
I live in a small community in the interior of British Columbia, Canada and am currently an active member in the BC Corvette Club...

I live in a small community in the interior of British Columbia, Canada and am currently an active member in the BC Corvette Club...

bob_and_doug.jpg

How's it goin', eh? :howdy:

LMAO :smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol: I warned him to expect some heat but he isn't even here yet!

Guest Gary6699

Hey 3503 lbs of ??? Thnx fur da pics of my brudders. Must be a summer picture 'cause they got their swimin clothes on. :cheers:

Tanya - Just looking at your speedo pictures on your speed run - too bad you got one of those detuned C5's. My speedo goes up to 300. :D

Due to a health and accommodation problem of my 88 y.o. mother, I have been forced to cancel my entire plans for the upcoming winter. Needless to say I am not a happy 'vette' driver......mainly because I just tucked it away for the winter.

I was looking forward to meeting you folks, but maybe next year. I will however pop into this site and keep the verbal abuse current.

Save the Wave !!

Gary.

Prayers to your mother!! Hope she gets to feeling better.

Stay in touch, eh!

Just a little humor, our monte carlo ss was made in Canada and has parts from Mexico. So we refer to it as

Eh Si!

3,503 lbs of trouble
Due to a health and accommodation problem of my 88 y.o. mother, I have been forced to cancel my entire plans for the upcoming winter. Needless to say I am not a happy 'vette' driver......mainly because I just tucked it away for the winter.

• 5 weeks later...

I use to live just outside of Vancouver, Twassenn (spelling is wrong) lived there a couple of years bandit.gif