C5.5 Bumpers for sale

GuyverVette

GuyverVette

Ok, so it took me forever, but the mold is finally done and the parts are already coming hot out of the oven. So I have the first production piece ready to be installed, prepared and painted. So, who is going to be the first one to get a C5.5 bumper???

2FBumperFibersm.jpg

Only $400 for the first 5

Email me or call me at: 602-614-7208

DiagSm.jpg

Image_437.jpg

Thanks a lot :)

After some discussion with mods some of the info in the post was removed that was considered "advertising" which is not allowed. More on "advertising" rules to come. We are going to try and make it a little easier to advertise a "sale" or GP in the future. Thanks. Nice bumper by the way.

Just for info sake, other than paint, what else is needed in order to install these (i.e. lights...)?

Just for info sake, other than paint, what else is needed in order to install these (i.e. lights...)?

and what abou the front disk cooling ducts?

looks good BTW :thumbs

Definitly growing on me, I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on paint yet.

GuyverVette

and what abou the front disk cooling ducts?

looks good BTW :thumbs

Hi guys, thanks for asking.

As for installation you use the existing hardware from your OEM bumper but I recommend using bolts and nuts where the plastic push on clips are used right under the hood line.

As for lamps you'll need a pair of C6 fog lamps (I called the dealership and they go for $130 each side), if you use the OEM spec light bulb for the fog lamps you'll have to buy the connectors to match, they are like 3 bux each at PepBoys, and you'll only need to splice your existing wiring and replace the connectors. If you use Xenon bulbs then you just get whatever installation you need. (Great update BTW)

A pair of C6 orange front markers (Haven't asked the price yet)

As for the blinkers it's up to you how you want to do it, you can either cut a hole on the fog lamps and insert the existing blinkers and seal them with some good glue or do the LED conversion that I can do for $150 on a pair of C6 fog lamps. I will gladly install them on your car if you decide to buy the LED conversion from me. But you can work your way on the blinkers.

It's up to you if you want an OEM C6 grille in there or an aftermarket billet grille or mesh, so that option is up to you.

As for the brake cooling ducts, we are working on two different options, we want to develop a couple pipes that will grab air from the central opening and redirect it to the existing ducts and one for racing applications where the fog lamps are not needed so we would use those huge openings as the braking duct intakes, so a bigger hole the more air and the cooler the brakes will be.

So far I drove the car on the track, street and highway already with the C5.5 bumper with no ducts and it showed no brake fading at all, so it is safe to drive around without the ducts, but of course it is recommended for heavy breaking or the serious racer. As soon as we finish the ducts we can come up with the pricing for them, if they are no big deal I might include them with the bumpers.

I'll be at Pavilions this saturday with one production bumpers and one installed on my car if you guys want to come and check it out. Unfortunately the prototype I had in my car was heavily damaged from the mold making procedure and I haven't painted the production piece yet so I'll be black and unfinished.

Thanks for the positive comments :)

GuyverVette

Haha, thanks :) I really appreciate the growth :D

Is there something I could do to make you like it more???

Haha, thanks :) I really appreciate the growth :D

Include a full paint job!

new tag line? :lol

Tag lines need to be 3 or 4 words, not complete sentences... :toetap

Chameleon earned one today from a PM she sent me, make sure someone congratulates her! :lol

GuyverVette

I don't get the tagline thing.... I'm sure is got something to do with my broken engrish, right?? :(

As for the paint job, I can have the bumper painted to match for $150 and being local I'm sure the matching process would be easy. Does it sounds interesting??? :D

You should call ED and get a deal on those fogs, and offer a package that has EVERYTHING needed other than paint. All lights, reflectors, hardware, yatta yatta yatta. Those LED's you had installed in yours were pretty trick too. They really added to the overall look.

I don't get the tagline thing.... I'm sure is got something to do with my broken engrish, right?? :(

As for the paint job, I can have the bumper painted to match for $150 and being local I'm sure the matching process would be easy. Does it sounds interesting??? :D

Tag line is the saying under the avatar on the left, Ed was just trying to pin one on you and I said it needs to be a shorter statement...

I'm not completely over wanting a tiger shark nose yet, plus I need an entire repaint, not just the nose.

I do agree wi Big Poppa, get a complete package together, it will help it sell.

GuyverVette
You should call ED and get a deal on those fogs, and offer a package that has EVERYTHING needed other than paint. All lights, reflectors, hardware, yatta yatta yatta. Those LED's you had installed in yours were pretty trick too. They really added to the overall look.

Tag line is the saying under the avatar on the left, Ed was just trying to pin one on you and I said it needs to be a shorter statement...

I'm not completely over wanting a tiger shark nose yet, plus I need an entire repaint, not just the nose.

I do agree wi Big Poppa, get a complete package together, it will help it sell.

Hahaha, want a tagline??.... Yo quiero Paco Bell....

I do think that it would be a good idea to sell the whole thing together as a package, but once you hear the overall price then you'll think it might not be such a good idea. The whole thing about this bumper is to be an affordable part for only a fraction of what's already available, and it is up to you if you buy the rest of the part at the dealer or ebay or the forums, so you can get everything for a better deal. With this economy we want to spend the least possible.

Also, I don't know how legal is to offer/sell/re-sell an OEM part/product without being an authorized part dealer or something, so I wouldn't like to find out I'm breaking some kind of law or right that could end up affecting me or the business, but I'll do some research about it.

But thinking, $260 for a pair of fog lamps, $150 for the LED conversion, $650 for the regular bumper price, let's say $80 for the orange markers, that's $1140 + $150 for shipping, $1290 total.... now that doesn't sound like a good deal right???

I do think that it would be a good idea to sell the whole thing together as a package, but once you hear the overall price then you'll think it might not be such a good idea. The whole thing about this bumper is to be an affordable part for only a fraction of what's already available, and it is up to you if you buy the rest of the part at the dealer or ebay or the forums, so you can get everything for a better deal. With this economy we want to spend the least possible.

Also, I don't know how legal is to offer/sell/re-sell an OEM part/product without being an authorized part dealer or something, so I wouldn't like to find out I'm breaking some kind of law or right that could end up affecting me or the business, but I'll do some research about it.

But thinking, $260 for a pair of fog lamps, $150 for the LED conversion, $650 for the regular bumper price, let's say $80 for the orange markers, that's $1140 + $150 for shipping, $1290 total.... now that doesn't sound like a good deal right???

And there's the problem and why I asked the question in the first place.

It's $1290 +/- either way you go (you buy parts or we buy parts).

I think if you could have molded the thing to use C5 running lights and done away with the oragne markers it would be awesome. Then all you have is part plus paint.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks awesome...but after you add it all up it's still very expensive.

You got it! :thumbs

There was a post on the CF with 2 TS fronts for sale with chin spoiler for $699 each, and I already own the lights!

I agree with Sean, not knocking your product, but even at $400 it's still going to add up to be as expensive as the rest out there!

$400 for the bumper **on sale**

$260 for a pair of fog lamps,

$150 for the LED conversion,

$80 for the orange markers,

$150 for shipping

that's $1140

plus paint ....

GuyverVette

And there's the problem and why I asked the question in the first place.

It's $1290 +/- either way you go (you buy parts or we buy parts).

I think if you could have molded the thing to use C5 running lights and done away with the oragne markers it would be awesome. Then all you have is part plus paint.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks awesome...but after you add it all up it's still very expensive.

You got it! :thumbs

There was a post on the CF with 2 TS fronts for sale with chin spoiler for $699 each, and I already own the lights!

I agree with Sean, not knocking your product, but even at $400 it's still going to add up to be as expensive as the rest out there!

$400 for the bumper **on sale**

$260 for a pair of fog lamps,

$150 for the LED conversion,

$80 for the orange markers,

$150 for shipping

that's $1140

plus paint ....

Well, here is the catch:

I found the Fog lamps both for $120 on the forums and the orange corners for like $50. Now, I can easily make the bumper with no openings for the markers. But I think it adds proportion with the back to have a side marker. But I have no problem making a bumper with no marker holes.

As for the C5 existing quarter lamps.... well, they are just very ugly and busy, compared to the cleanliness and way more modern look of the C6 fog lamps. I wasn't going to ruin the clean look of the bumper with the older lamps.

An the LED conversion is absolutely optional, you can make a hole in the fog lamps and insert the existing orange bulb or do your own idea. The LED conversion is a whole different product.

Now, it's not the same to pay only one guy $1000 in a single payment than paying $650 and maybe next month or after a couple weeks buying the rest of the parts you need. Also at the introduction price of $400 you're already saving $250. And ofcourse I can work certain discounts on the $650 price if somebody orders everything together. ;)

GuyverVette
Man that front end looks really good compared to the stock one....

I have the special price of $400 for the first 5 customers. :)

QuickSilverZO6

What kind of ideas do you have for turn signals for us peeps that don't have factory fog lights? Looks a little nicer than the bumper on the CF. Maybe more rounded in the nose which is better. Is there enough room behind the center grill area to mount an intercooler?

What kind of ideas do you have for turn signals for us peeps that don't have factory fog lights? Looks a little nicer than the bumper on the CF. Maybe more rounded in the nose which is better. Is there enough room behind the center grill area to mount an intercooler?

Yes sir, that's part of the deal, you can fit an intercooler behind the bumper.

So, your Vette doesn't have factory Fog lights?? Well, you can turn the entire C6 fog lamp into the turn signal, I mean, you have to have turn signals unless you have a race car.

QuickSilverZO6

So, your Vette doesn't have factory Fog lights?? Well, you can turn the entire C6 fog lamp into the turn signal, I mean, you have to have turn signals unless you have a race car.

Well its definitely going to be some kind of race car :burnout , that is mainly driven on the street, so I do need turn signals.

Ya my 02 ZO6 did not have factory fog lights. Do not know if it was not available or just not an option when ordered. I have seen 03+ Z's with them but not any 02's. So you are saying I could just use the C6 fog light housing and their 9145 bulb and that would work? Would I just have to splice them into the current harness? Hum, interesting, very interesting.

Well its definitely going to be some kind of race car :burnout , that is mainly driven on the street, so I do need turn signals.

Ya my 02 ZO6 did not have factory fog lights. Do not know if it was not available or just not an option when ordered. I have seen 03+ Z's with them but not any 02's. So you are saying I could just use the C6 fog light housing and their 9145 bulb and that would work? Would I just have to splice them into the current harness? Hum, interesting, very interesting.

Oh I see, so there's no fog light button on your dash?? You can always install an aftermarket relay kit and switch to add the fog lamps. Now if you decide not to I'm pretty sure you can use the C6 fog lamp as a turn signal, it might require some modification to fit the OEM spec dual filament bulb, or you can just fit whatever bulb you want there, Xenon bulbs, Led, etc, that's up to you. Of course my recommendation would be to use it the way it is meant to be used, so even if you have to add a switch to your car to add fog lamps I think the upgrade is worth it and the LED turn signal gives it an updated look. The good part is that I already have that configuration all figured out so it is really not a big deal to make it happen.

Are you somewhere close from scottsdale?? Let me know if you want to check it out in person one day, I'll be very happy to show you how it works and looks.

Thanks for your interest :)

QuickSilverZO6

Ya I work in South Scottsdale (Thomas/Scottsdale Rd.) and live in East Mesa. I am at my shop pretty much everyday, if we could arrange to meet I would love to see this bumper in person and your fog lights with the LED turn signal mod.

You can call me anytime @ (480) 620-5676.

thanks,

Brian

Cool, Yeah I drive by your shop almost everyday. I'm not driving the vette today but I'll give you a call one of this days that I'm driving it to stop by after work ;)

Thanks a lot. :D

QuickSilverZO6
Ya I work in South Scottsdale (Thomas/Scottsdale Rd.) and live in East Mesa. I am at my shop pretty much everyday, if we could arrange to meet I would love to see this bumper in person and your fog lights with the LED turn signal mod.

thanks,

Brian

Cool, Yeah I drive by your shop almost everyday. I'm not driving the vette today but I'll give you a call one of this days that I'm driving it to stop by after work ;)

Very nice. I have a buddy coming into to town from Colorado that would also like to see it so maybe beginning of next week for sure. :thumbs

:thankyou:

Brian

thanks,

Brian

Very nice. I have a buddy coming into to town from Colorado that would also like to see it so maybe beginning of next week for sure. :thumbs

:thankyou:

Brian

Cool, I'll stop by maybe Tuesday then, I'll give you call. :)