Please...

Scratch

There are plenty of political forums on the net...its always better to argue with people you don't care about. You might consider making CaHd's Perverted Section visible on the main page to only its members.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• Two Fangs

I couldn't have said it any better :thumbs

Chad's section is already invisible to all non-members.

..but could it be invisible to members who are not members? I know other forum software like vbulletin has that option.

There is a Boneyard section that is only visible to admins for dead threads, but if I made Chads section invisible, how would anyone know where to click to get in?

It has always been invisible to non-members, and there is nothing offensive to see where it is listed on the forum, plus you have to ask for the password to get in so it's about as protected as we could make it.

There is a Boneyard section that is only visible to admins for dead threads, but if I made Chads section invisible, how would anyone know where to click to get in?

It has always been invisible to non-members, and there is nothing offensive to see where it is listed on the forum, plus you have to ask for the password to get in so it's about as protected as we could make it.

The solution is easy Dawg..............let's make Chad invisible :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

just sayin..........

We tried that once too, but no one wanted to clean up the mess.

You could always just close your eyes when you see him, instant invisible Chad with no messy aftermath!

(warning, do not try this while on a cruise with Chad)

I think there are a couple of ways, members would have a direct link or as with admins and boneyard you could create a special user group and only those logged in users would be able to see and access the forum. I used to admin a couple of vbulletin forums a few years back and I do know some topics make enemies out of friends but I also believe adults should have a choice as long as it doesn't trample the rights of others. As far as the pervert section I don't think it needs special billing, out of site out of mind- IMHO. There's something to be said for the argument that if you can have a pervert forum you can have a political forum.

I think there are a couple of ways, members would have a direct link or as with admins and boneyard you could create a special user group and only those logged in users would be able to see and access the forum. I used to admin a couple of vbulletin forums a few years back and I do know some topics make enemies out of friends but I also believe adults should have a choice as long as it doesn't trample the rights of others. As far as the pervert section I don't think it needs special billing, out of site out of mind- IMHO. There's something to be said for the argument that if you can have a pervert forum you can have a political forum.

If you have not been that section how do you know its Perverted?

Its an area where i let crass language, and more tolilet humor slide. There are still rules there like "No Boobs, Bush, or Boners"

There are still rules there like "No Boobs, Bush, or Boners"

Unless it's just for humor's sake. :lol

Its an area where i let crass language, and more tolilet humor slide. There are still rules there like "No Boobs, Bush, or Boners"

Actually Chad, you do a great job of keeping it decent. It is not perverted - more like off the wall. Sheet. I can't believe I just said that.........

By definition pervert is a synonym of warped; the name of the forum. I don't know if it's sexually perverted or not but considering some of the material of questionable taste posted in public I wouldn't doubt it. To be clear though, it doesn't matter to me. I just don't think it should get special semi-public billing or treatment. If members want a similar political forum they shouldn't be discriminated against.

If members want a similar political forum they shouldn't be discriminated against.

I don't discriminate...............I hate everybody equal :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:thumbs:thumbs

I'm sure we could make it disappear from the main forum view, but I havn't had any complaints yet and like I said above, there is nothing visible that should detract from our forum.

Now say I did make it invisible to all except those that want in, and tomorrow JoeBlow joins, how would he know it was there unless I or another mod told him about it? Is that any better than seeing it listed?

(Hi JoeBlow, I want to tell you about our super secret section that is full of low down dirty humor, if you want to see it you have to ask, if you don't want to see it then just ignore this PM and pretend you never heard about it.)

By definition pervert is a synonym of warped; the name of the forum. I don't know if it's sexually perverted or not but considering some of the material of questionable taste posted in public I wouldn't doubt it. To be clear though, it doesn't matter to me. I just don't think it should get special semi-public billing or treatment. If members want a similar political forum they shouldn't be discriminated against.

I think there is a huge difference between Chads Warped Section, and a section where you can discuss the finer points of our political system and our elected officials, or the subtle nuances of religion and the everlasting effects it will have on your soul.

In Chads section you can laugh, cry, puke, and recoil in horror all in one thread!

In a P&R section you will laugh, cry, puke and live in horror.

BUT you will also have someone tell you that what you read, believe, or voted for is wrong!!!

You said it yourself......

There are plenty of political forums on the net...its always better to argue with people you don't care about.

There is only 1 Chad, and we aren't going to share him with the rest of the internet!!!

Politics can be funny as in joking around etc. but I think serious political discussions can be harmful to the site and the members who participate in the topics politically inspired. Did we not go through this a year ago? Do any of us really want to read someone say Bush was an idiot, Obama is destroying our economy or your thoughts about Palin. That is for the polls and should be discussed on sites suited for that invironment. Just my 2 cents.......take it or leave it.

Personally I think heavy-handed moderating is more of a harm to a site than any political discussion. If people are so close minded that their political views can't stand a little criticism or debate then they've got bigger issues. Just my opinion.

Personally I think heavy-handed moderating is more of a harm to a site than any political discussion. If people are so close minded that their political views can't stand a little criticism or debate then they've got bigger issues. Just my opinion.

I agree with this, that heavy handed moderation can be harmful. This is a Corvette enthusiast site, and therefore I will respect moderator and administrative decisions in regards to areas that do not relate. I enjoy spirited debate, but the real challenge with politics and religion is that most people hold very firmly to their beliefs and take any challenge to their beliefs as a personal attack. This is not good for anyone who cannot seperate the issues from their own being. Personally, I am fine with the heavy moderation of political threads (outside of the jokes and lighthearted discussion, of course) in this forum. We should not be on a 'vette site getting all spooled up over political issues.

Just my :2cents

I agree with this, that heavy handed moderation can be harmful. This is a Corvette enthusiast site, and therefore I will respect moderator and administrative decisions in regards to areas that do not relate. I enjoy spirited debate, but the real challenge with politics and religion is that most people hold very firmly to their beliefs and take any challenge to their beliefs as a personal attack. This is not good for anyone who cannot seperate the issues from their own being. Personally, I am fine with the heavy moderation of political threads (outside of the jokes and lighthearted discussion, of course) in this forum. We should not be on a 'vette site getting all spooled up over political issues.

:agree There are other avenues to pursue getting yourself all worked up over personal beliefs. Why screw up the camaraderie you share with other Corvette-heads? :cfdeadagain

I guess I should be the one apologizing for the heavy handed moderating, when this forum was just getting started we decided to keep it P&R free.

It wasn't that long ago we had a political thread start up, Phil and I talked about it and decided to let it stay open to see where it would go, well before we locked it and moved it to the boneyard, the arguments got so personal we lost a couple of really good members over it.

Now we let the light hearted P&R ride but the mods know to shut it down as soon as it stops being funny.

ACE is about Corvettes, and Friends. Let's try to keep it that way.

:agree There are other avenues to pursue getting yourself all worked up over personal beliefs. Why screw up the camaraderie you share with other Corvette-heads? :cfdeadagain

:agree:agree Annoyed Ted?

I guess I should be the one apologizing for the heavy handed moderating, when this forum was just getting started we decided to keep it P&R free.

It wasn't that long ago we had a political thread start up, Phil and I talked about it and decided to let it stay open to see where it would go, well before we locked it and moved it to the boneyard, the arguments got so personal we lost a couple of really good members over it.

Now we let the light hearted P&R ride but the mods know to shut it down as soon as it stops being funny.

Absolutely nothing to apologize for. I enjoy being here and look forward to some cooler weather so I can buy a few of you a beer :cheers

Absolutely nothing to apologize for. I enjoy being here and look forward to some cooler weather so I can buy a few of you a beer :cheers

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...BEER!

homer_beer.jpg

Well this one seems to be stepping on toes...time to lock her down. :bolt:

Did I go over the line talking about beer on a Sunday? :beer:

LOL