Z51 package on c6 Corvette's

Wishbone

Ok club members help out a ROOKIE ACE here. My pride and Joy Ride that I purchased had Z51 package on the web advertisement (which I know has the statement that the description may have wrong or miss written information) but the window sticker when I purchased it has Z51 package on it. So the aftermath of doing some research to see all of the options available for the Vette I notice the option for the Z51 being a 6 speed stick! WTF my car is not a stick, it has the paddles for quick shifting! Ok, I was also under the impression that the stock coupe came with regular rotors not drilled like mine! Not that the Z51 package was a deal breaker for me at all, trust me when I say that I have been waiting for my first Vette sense birth. So I am tickled to death. I would just like to know everything that comes stock on my Vette and what was added on her. The dealer had the Z51 package on the window sticker so I went with that. Another thing that I found out was that I don't have stock pipes on my ride either, I have a deep sounding Flowmaster system, which at this point I have no idea how complete the system is.

Can somebody give me a better description than what the Options guide states about the Z51 package, or maybe the club needs to see my ride and let me know whats hot and whats not?

Ok I am off my soap box@! :facepalm:

Shoot me the last 8 of your Vin# I'll post up your build sheet

Here are the last 8 numbers to the VIN #75124832

The Z51 Performance Package brings Corvette Coupe performance very close to the same level as the widely admired Z06. The Z51 offers more aggressive dampers and springs, larger stabilizer bars, and larger, cross-drilled brake rotors for optimum track performance capability while still providing a well-controlled and comfortable ride. Extensive racetrack testing reveals that a C6 equipped with the Z51 suspension almost equals the lap time of a C5 Z06 - marking a major advance in the overall performance of a Corvette Coupe by nearly approximating the extreme performance capabilities of the vaunted Z06 at a remarkable value.

VIN 1G1YY25U475124832

VEHICLE BUILD

Merchandising Model : 1YY07 -2007 CORVETTE COUPE

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 1686 kg (3718 lb) Order Number : KMDPZP

Build Date : 01/26/2007 Build Plant : 175Y

OPTION CODES

AK5 - DRIVER/FRONT PASS. AIRBAGS AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS/CHILD PRESENCE DETECTOR

AR9 - LEATHER SEATING SURFACES BGR - BOWLING GREEN PLANT

BS1 - INSULATION ACOUSTICAL PKG CF7 - REMOVABLE ROOF PANEL

CJ2 - DUAL ZONE, ELECTRONIC A/C DL8 - HEATED OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRRORS

FE3 - SPORT SUSPENSION FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS

GM8 - REAR AXLE 2.56 RATIO IP3 - INTERIOR TRIM DESIGN

JJA - PT DRESS SUBASSEMBLY J55 - HEAVY DUTY POWER BRAKES

K63 - 110 AMP GENERATOR LS2 - ENGINE, 6.0 LITER 400 HP

MX0 - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPD PADDLE SHIFT AUTOMATIC MYC - 6 SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION

NK4 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL NT7 - EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL TIER 2

QX3 - CHROME ALUMINUM WHEELS R6K

R6P - SPECIAL PAINT R9N - TWO-TONE SEATS WITH EMBROIDERY

SLM - STOCK ORDERS UJ9 - LOW TIRE PRESS. INDICATOR

US3 - ANTENNA DIVERSITY US8 - AM/FM CD/MP3 RDS RADIO

U52 - ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION U66 - SPEAKER SYSTEM 7, CUSTOM

VDD - VEHICLE INFORMATION DVD V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA

XND - FRONT TIRE - P245/40ZR18 YTK - REAR TIRE P285/35ZR19

Z51 - Z51 PERFORMANCE PKG (INCLUDES:LARGER CROSS-DRILLED BRAKE ROTORS,PERFORMANCE-TUNED: TIRES, STABILIZER BARS,SPRINGS, SHOCKS) 1LT - 1LT BASE EQUIPMENT GROUP

1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS 19I - BLACK INTERIOR TRIM

193 - EBONY

You Rock Blew X U!!! Ok so you can get the Z51 package without having the stick! So as far as any of the other mods that might be on there, I just need to go through them one by one. Is there any chance that I could find out if the PCM has been tinkered with or changed in the stock atributes that the car has? See what had happened was Angie and I went to go see Transformers which I thought Rocked the house and the Vallet Guy made some statements to me how my ride felt different than the other two rides that he preciously tucked away just minutes before mine. He stated that he loved the throttle responce and exhaust sounded completly different. I new that I was going to purchase my car so I had not test drove any before mine. I have nothing to compare mine too, so I was just wondering if mods were done to the Vette that I can't see from the outside. I guess I can call the dealer and see if the 1 previous owner had the work done at the Dealer!

I guess I can call the dealer and see if the 1 previous owner had the work done at the Dealer!

I can see that the only 2 dealers that have done warranty work to your vehicle are O RIELLY CHEVROLET in Tucson and CHAPMAN CHEVROLET in Tempe. Any dealer or performance shop could have done after market mods to the vehicle. It would be a tough one to figure out who without finding a recept or a business card somewhere.

My 06 has the Z51 with A/T. I bought it because of that and the fact it didn't have OnStar or Nav.

You can let us take it around the "block" and we can tell ya if it's got some goodies with it! And we wont even charge ya!

My 06 has the Z51 with A/T. I bought it because of that and the fact it didn't have OnStar or Nav.

Man your car looks awesome, does it get really hot? Like I stated before Z51 was great but I wasn't willing to pay extra for it, however I did not want navigation, frankly because I feel GM has a long way to go in that department, and Onstar, I would of liked to have the garage door opener!

You can let us take it around the "block" and we can tell ya if it's got some goodies with it! And we wont even charge ya!

You know that wouldn't be a bad idea, could you peel out till my tires go bald too. I have been reeding your post, you have one heck of a sense of humor. I was thinking that I should go test drive some stock cars and see what they feel like. As far as the exhaust goes, it would be nice if I could see how much is aftermarket over stock pipe parts.

Man your car looks awesome, does it get really hot? Like I stated before Z51 was great but I wasn't willing to pay extra for it, however I did not want navigation, frankly because I feel GM has a long way to go in that department, and Onstar, I would of liked to have the garage door opener!

You know they've done tests and the outside color of a car has little to do with interior heat. It's the interior color that makes it uncomfortably hot. Mine has the titanium (light gry), not the black. I always chuckle at people with white, silver or other light colored cars with blk interiors commenting on how hot blk exterior is.

As for the garage opener, mine has it. You should be able to find a used visor or see what Ed (blew x u) can get you one for. He's our GM "Mack Daddy" parts man.

You know they've done tests and the outside color of a car has little to do with interior heat. It's the interior color that makes it uncomfortably hot. Mine has the titanium (light gry), not the black. I always chuckle at people with white, silver or other light colored cars with blk interiors commenting on how hot blk exterior is.

As for the garage opener, mine has it. You should be able to find a used visor or see what Ed (blew x u) can get you one for. He's our GM "Mack Daddy" parts man.

Your absolutely right about the color statistics, I am huge on reading up on useless information. I was thinking that you had black leather interior like I do. I can't wait to see your ride, the interior with the black exterior color must look awesome.

I have to go down to the dealership and discuss about the seats leather rubbing off on the sides where we enter in from. It seams like it is rubbing away and I have never seen that on leather interior before. I tried to use the leather conditioner, but it did not fade, the flaws are still showing in the seats. I was wondering if that was a common problem or are my seats leather just defective?

I have to go down to the dealership and discuss about the seats leather rubbing off on the sides where we enter in from. It seams like it is rubbing away and I have never seen that on leather interior before. I tried to use the leather conditioner, but it did not fade, the flaws are still showing in the seats. I was wondering if that was a common problem or are my seats leather just defective?

I really doubt you get them to do anything about it. It's a VERY common occurence on C5/C6 vettes. You need to learn how to enter and exit without rubbing on that area.

I really doubt you get them to do anything about it. It's a VERY common occurence on C5/C6 vettes. You need to learn how to enter and exit without rubbing on that area.

Bigfoot99

Your absolutely right, I purchased the Vette that way, it was late at night when I brought him home. It was the next morning when I noticed the small rub spots on both seats. Once I saw those bad areas I quikly changed the way of getting in and out of the Vette. So you think even with the bumper to bumper warranty you don't think that I can get them to replace them.

I had an 06 chrysler sebriing that was my wife's and the convertable top had two small areas on the left rear corner below the window that was starting to rub through and got them to replace that whole complete top. I also had them replace other minor things like gakets to seal the top and visors, actually I even got them to replace the driver leather seat due to the bottom cushion flaws. I am not saying that this is going to be the same, I have no idea, but it is worth a shot right.

I had Courtesy replace the bolster on my driver seat but I had seat auto adjuster problems that they could blame for the wear.

I am not saying that this is going to be the same, I have no idea, but it is worth a shot right.

Sure, give it a go. Maybe you'll get lucky. :xfinger

coconut girl

Ed...is it pretty much the same with the C5 Z51 package?

Does the Z51 package give you any more horsepower?

Or is it mainly suspension improvements?

The Z51 package includes extra cooling, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, specific shock absorbers, larger brakes with cross-drilled rotors, specific tires and Z51-specific 6-speed manual when ordered with 6-speed manual transmission or performance axle ratio with 6-speed paddle shift automatic.

I believe the above would be true for the C5 as well. It has never been an engine upgrade.

The Z51 package includes extra cooling, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, specific shock absorbers, larger brakes with cross-drilled rotors, specific tires and Z51-specific 6-speed manual when ordered with 6-speed manual transmission or performance axle ratio with 6-speed paddle shift automatic.

I believe the above would be true for the C5 as well. It has never been an engine upgrade.

The '08 and '09 A6 w/Z51 package includes a 2.73 gear, however the build sheet posted for Wishbone's '07 indicated a 2.56 gear was installed. The 2.73 was not offered in '07, as there was no performance axle then. '05's and earlier had the A4 trans. I'd question the 2-tone embroidered seats in a 1LT interior. Something just seems odd there.

The '08 and '09 A6 w/Z51 package includes a 2.73 gear, however the build sheet posted for Wishbone's '07 indicated a 2.56 gear was installed. The 2.73 was not offered in '07, as there was no performance axle then. '05's and earlier had the A4 trans. I'd question the 2-tone embroidered seats in a 1LT interior. Something just seems odd there.

Your absolutely right about the 2-tone embroidered seats. They are solid black leather and I know that it is a LT1. So how can this be if that is the build sheet for my car? As for the gear ratio, what years did they put 2.56 gears in them if that is not a stock ratio for the C6 coupes? Looks like we are going to have to do some more investigation on mt car.