Good custom tuner needed HP-Tuner

Jester

The car has the following mods:

1) SLP ZL402 low compression Iron Block with .588 lift cam

2) ZL 402 LS6 AFR heads

3) Weind 90mm intake and 90mm T/B

4) 60lb. injectors

5) 3" wide B Kool radiator

6) STS rear mount twin turbo's (60-1 stage III ball bearing / .48 AR housing)

7) B&M short throw shifter

8) New PCM with all current mods programmed\

9) HP Tuner

Okay, here is what is happening. The fuel trims seems to go out of whack after a day of putting a quick tune on it to get it all back into the correct parameters, but it doesn't take long for it to start running rough again and soon after that it will stall and actually shut off. The air fuel ratio gauge is telling me that it is running lean. Is there anyone that can either help or have any suggestions? Does anyone know anyone that I can get to fix this damn thing?? I don't drive the car for obvious reasons, but if anyone knows anyone, I can put it on a trailer and take it wherever it needs to be to get fixed.

I think for tuning, we all trust on Nic. I am clueless as to why the tune on the car would constantly change, but Nic has plenty of experience with turbo cars, so maybe he knows of common pitfalls that can bite you.

If I had to take a stab in the dark, I would guess that some of the boost is getting out somewhere in the myriad of tubing that the STS systems requires.

I think for tuning, we all trust on Nic. I am clueless as to why the tune on the car would constantly change, but Nic has plenty of experience with turbo cars, so maybe he knows of common pitfalls that can bite you.

If I had to take a stab in the dark, I would guess that some of the boost is getting out somewhere in the myriad of tubing that the STS systems requires.

Okay so the big question is! How do I get intouch with Nick-D ?

His user name here is nicd, or you can call the guys at Loud Pedal 480.598.5683, and they can put you in touch.

His user name here is nicd, or you can call the guys at Loud Pedal 480.598.5683, and they can put you in touch.

Thanks Chris!

Email him at nicdtuningnospam@gmail.com

(remove nospam from the address above)

Okay, here is what is happening. The fuel trims seems to go out of whack after a day of putting a quick tune on it to get it all back into the correct parameters, but it doesn't take long for it to start running rough again and soon after that it will stall and actually shut off. The air fuel ratio gauge is telling me that it is running lean. Is there anyone that can either help or have any suggestions? Does anyone know anyone that I can get to fix this damn thing?? I don't drive the car for obvious reasons, but if anyone knows anyone, I can put it on a trailer and take it wherever it needs to be to get fixed.

Do you have any logs of the car when it starts to go lean?

Where did the tune originate? Is this an STS tune, or did you guys start from scratch?

I am thinking that the MAF transfer function may have been messed with while the adaptives were still turned on, a mistake that can leave tuners scratching their heads. I have tuned STS cars with plumbing problems, as previously mentioned, but usually they just make low/no boost, and other than that the car runs fine, so I am not ruling that out, but do not find it highly suspect at this point.

I would be looking at MAF scaling and IFR calculations (maybe MAP calibration as well if it is a 2 or 3 BAR tune without the correct MAP) before looking elsewhere.

Good luck,

Parker

I could stab in the dark as it were on the many problems that could be but I would just suggest letting nic take a look at her. I can set you up with an appt with him or you can contact him direct but it would be best if he took a gander :)

Hey Jester I tried to call Ken but the number has been changed I think he gave me the wrong one can you ask him to call me?

Thanks

Jason

Sorry, I'm on too many boards and can't check them all the time. What are the full cam specs, what MAF sensor (speed density or maf operation?), long tubes or stock manifolds? What A/F gauge are you talking about?

Guest Azflyboy
Hey Jester I tried to call Ken but the number has been changed I think he gave me the wrong one can you ask him to call me?

Thanks

Jason

Hey Jason, sorry about the number thing, it is 520-870-8235.

Thanks,

Ken

Guest Azflyboy
Sorry, I'm on too many boards and can't check them all the time. What are the full cam specs, what MAF sensor (speed density or maf operation?), long tubes or stock manifolds? What A/F gauge are you talking about?

Hey Nic,

Thanks for taking an interest in the vette, I know your busy. I will dig out the full cam specs tomorrow morning and give them to ya. I have the stock MAF on the car, shorty headers (B&B), and there is an air fuel ratio guage that I have in my dual pillar pod along with the boost guage. I will get ya the cam specs first thing and if you have any ideas about this thing I would sure like to know.

Thanks a ton,

Ken