time for brakes on the imaginary vette

anmracing

Anyone who can come by and supervise the two of us goobers trying to change out the rear calipers on my imaginary vette Sunday is welcome to do so-we're in the NE valley, by PV mall (although I don't blame anyone for wanting to stay away from there right now!). I'll post address and time tomorrow afternoon, if anyone sounds interested.

Thanks!

M

Bueller ?

Bueller ??

Bueller ????

Sorry, I wanted to go to the track tomorrow, but I will be at home doing some last minute tweaks and changes to the Vega. Looks like I will go out on the 31st to Speedworld instead.

Sorry, we had Christmas....opps, I mean Holiday shopping to do. I just can't seem to break that nasty habit.

How did the brakes go? Do you imagine it stops better now? :lol:lol

Sorry, we had Christmas....opps, I mean Holiday shopping to do.  I just can't seem to break that nasty habit. 

How did the brakes go?  Do you imagine it stops better now?  :lol  :lol

Um, no. Now the imaginary brake light goes on, so I imagine that the pedal is going even further to the floor. So, color us frustrated :mad

Hope to be in a better mood by 2006.... :leaving

Wish I lived closer, I'd be there in a heart beat. Did you bleed both sides of the caliper? Can't beat speed bleeders, autozone had two for $8 here. Even if your two, stops air from going back in.

Still have to work on mine, need to replace front calipers and frt hoses :ack I was getting little black particles last time I bled them.

Keith

Sorry, we had Christmas....opps, I mean Holiday shopping to do. I just can't seem to break that nasty habit.

How did the brakes go? Do you imagine it stops better now? :lol:lol

Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,

Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,

C

hristmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,C

h

ristmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Ch

r

istmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,

PC people can shove it.

Wish I lived closer, I'd be there in a heart beat. Did you bleed both sides of the caliper? Can't beat speed bleeders, autozone had two for $8 here. Even if your two, stops air from going back in.

Still have to work on mine, need to replace front calipers and frt hoses :ack I was getting little black particles last time I bled them.

Keith

Did we do what? ;)

Well, yeah, we bled both sides of the rears and plenty of fluid is in there now and looks clean. So, I'm leaning toward the master being out - perhaps it was going out slowly (never heard of that, tho) and the new calipers just put the pressure on. So, we'll be doing that and new front calipers too just to put my mind at ease that the whole system is relatively new (except lines). We'd welcome the help-I have no idea why you live so far from the world! I just want to get the car back out on the road without thinking I may put it into a wall or suv. Just another task for another day. It would have been nice to bring it to the AZ P&S opening day, but I just can't commit with my schedule and the work yet to happen....

Phoooey!

M~

Did you bleed all 4 or just the back 2?

If you only did the back 2, I would suggest doing all 4 and see how it feels.

Just a thought.

Phil... :devil

Actually, I think the right front caliper is leaking. When we pulled it out the was a very small puddle by the r/f tire. Either way, it is time to redo the brakes. I ain't takin' no chances...... Just waiting for the calipers and master cylinder to come in....

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.... The car actually stops when you step on the brakes.... :willy What a difference a little welding will do..... :P

Andrew

BTW, one of the front calipers WAS leaking. The rotor was completely soaked, hence the puddle in the garage (Chevy..... :huh ) now it stops in a straight line instead of going into the other lanes.......

And to think, I was going to change the muffler bearing, boy were you guys wrong it was the blinker fluid the whole time..... :eek

Andrew

now it stops in a straight line instead of going into the other lanes.......

Andrew

What are you talking about? :toetap

Dang, better work on mine a little more then. :D

I got use to it pulling, so now when I hit the brake I over compensate and turn the wheel into the oposite lane. :D I was better off when it was pulling into the curb.... :P

Andrew