January 7th - Corvette Saturday Lunch

BSeery

Corvette Saturday lunch will be at Famous Sam's, Lindsay & Baseline in Gilbert.

11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

They will have parking for the Corvettes out front and they are offering $5 coupon towards lunch.

Famous Sam's at Lindsay and Baseline would like to host a Corvette Saturday from 11:00 am - 2:00pm. They will give us the entire front end of the parking lot facing the restaurant and $5 Sam's Bucks which can be used right away or at a later date.

For those of you unfamiliar - the food is burgers, sandwiches, wings, etc. It's a sports-bar with lots of TV's and the sort. Beer on tap, etc.

For those coming from the West, US 60 there is no Lindsay exit, you'll have to get off at Gilbert Road, head south to Baseline and then left on Baseline to just before Lindsay. Famous Sams is on the north side of the street. If you get off at Val Vista - head south to Baseline and turn right to just past Lindsay.

I'll be at the Pavilions today (12/17) after 4:00 and on 12/31 at around 2:00 if anyone has any questions. Also - you can call me on my cell 602.418.1248 pretty much anytime..... hope to see you all then!

Randy - Blacksedan87

Randy Hyken suggested a Famous Sam's. They are willing to give us prefered parking and money off the tab if we come. Please see Randy for more details.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Taking suggestions / votes for the location to lunch on 1/7/06.

Ever tried the Library on mill ave? Food and women are on par with Hooters... and if it sucks, hooters is accross the street :)

Randy Hyken suggested a Famous Sam's. They are willing to give us prefered parking and money off the tab if we come. Please see Randy for more details.

It's true - Famous Sam's at Lindsay and Baseline would like to host a Corvette Saturday from 11:00 am - 2:00pm. They will give us the entire front end of the parking lot facing the restuarant and $5 Sam's Bucks which can be used right away or at a later date.

For those of you unfamiliar - the food is bugers, sandwiches, wings, etc. It's a sports-bar with lots of TV's and the sort. Beer on tap, etc.

For those coming from the West, US 60 there is no Lindsay exit, you'll have to get off at Gilbert Road, head south to Baseline and then left on Baseline to just before Lindsay. Famous Sams is on the north side of the street. If you get off at Val Vista - head south to Baseline and turn right to just past Lindsay.

I'll be at the Pavilions today (12/17) after 4:00 and on 12/31 at around 2:00 if anyone has any questions. Also - you can call me on my cell 602.418.1248 pretty much anytime..... hope to see you all then!

:yesnod

post-7-1134847655.jpg

3,503 lbs of trouble

Ever tried the Library on mill ave? Food and women are on par with Hooters... and if it sucks, hooters is accross the street :)

Library: Girls = A+, parking = F-

:withstupid I worked on Mill Ave for 10yrs. Maybe they'd reserve street side parking meters for 15 Vettes?? :huh

For those of you unfamiliar - the food is bugers, sandwiches, wings, etc.

bugers?! Yuk! From where? Never mind, don't answer that.....Ewww!

not trying to stir up trouble - but for ONCE i agree with you!

i went to mill friday dec. 9 for my moms birthday dinner - i pulled a ticket to park in a lot - and the damn lot was FULL - so i had to drive to that garage behind the theater - and walked like 3 blocks or so to the restaurant - so i give mill a big fat thumbs down!

famous sams is pretty cool - it get's pretty busy there especially if there's a sporting event going on - can/should we get reservations for tables too?

and Thanks Randy - Great idea for a nice change of pace!

now - Mike - is my car gonna be done by then? :leaving

For those of you unfamiliar - the food is bugers, sandwiches, wings, etc.

bugers?! Yuk! From where? Never mind, don't answer that.....Ewww!

That's what happens when you try to type faster than your brain can process.....and BTW - the question should not be from where, but rather from who? :smilelol

Famous Sam's is expecting us - Chris. We made that arrangement after last month, with a small group of friends that I have outside of ACE. When I told Phil and Glenn, they both thought I should make the suggestion to all of you guys. Famous Sam's will be thrilled with the turnout, and they'll bend over backwards to accomodate us.

I will make sure that they know that the turnout will be bigger than it was in December!

:yesnod

i should be there, where is famus sams located i am coming from glendale around 67th ave and deervalley so what would be the easiest way to get there.

i should be there, where is famus sams located i am coming from glendale around 67th ave and deervalley so what would be the easiest way to get there.

heck, i'm going whether i get my C5 done or not - i'll be driving up from Beardsley and 23rd ave - if you want we could meet somewhere and possibly meet up with other west siders for a mini caravan!

:drinkers

Take the 101 around Scottsdale, down south to U.S. 60 east.

For those coming from the West, US 60 has no Lindsay exit, you'll have to get off at Gilbert Road, head south to Baseline and then left on Baseline to just before Lindsay. Famous Sams is on the north side of the street.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't need to be driving a Vette to show up, do I? :D

No, the crappy rental car will do just fine.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

not trying to stir up trouble - but for ONCE i agree with you!

i went to mill friday dec. 9 for my moms birthday dinner - i pulled a ticket to park in a lot - and the damn lot was FULL - so i had to drive to that garage behind the theater - and walked like 3 blocks or so to the restaurant - so i give mill a big fat thumbs down!

famous sams is pretty cool - it get's pretty busy there especially if there's a sporting event going on - can/should we get reservations for tables too?

and Thanks Randy - Great idea for a nice change of pace!

now - Mike - is my car gonna be done by then? :leaving

we need to call ATI and bitch some more I think :banghead This is getting rediculous!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

If you guys get bored after, we will be having a "clean up party" at the shop prepping for the grand opening! I dont condone drinking and driving, but there will be lots of drinks, loud music etc there :)

we need to call ATI and bitch some more I think :banghead This is getting rediculous!

oh trust me - i'll be calling EVERY DAY until they give me a tracking number!!!!!

I will be there with bells on - the GF however isn't coming - i've tried but she's not budging - it's a really lame dumb excuse,however-- well never mind! :leaving

If you guys get bored after, we will be having a "clean up party" at the house prepping for the open house! I dont condone drinking and driving, but there will be lots of work, loud music etc there :)

I don't need to be driving a Vette to show up, do I? :D

No, the crappy rental car will do just fine.

Ok. I'll show up with the "crappy rental".

Can I park the "crappy rental" with the Vettes and get the $5 of coupon?

Oh...is it ok if I can't find any armor-all for the tires on the "crappy rental"?

please let the crappy rental be a Solstice --- please let it be a Solstice -- please please please.

I want to drive one and the dealers won't let anyone near one if they don't have cash hanging out of their pockets.

3,503 lbs of trouble
please let the crappy rental be a Solstice --- please let it be a Solstice -- please please please.

I want to drive one and the dealers won't let anyone near one if they don't have cash hanging out of their pockets.

Wow, the things I took for granted. :D I was even paid to drive the turbo! ...'till it broke :mad

Didn't even think of trying to get a Solstice. I shoulda checked the receiving lot for one. :banghead

Didn't even think of trying to get a Solstice. I shoulda checked the receiving lot for one. :banghead

Can you see if you can snag one while you are in town? I would love to look one over.