Gutted Cats

Quiktrip

I don't know how your puter will handle it, but my 82 picked up a little more umph when I did the hollow cat option. Mine were original's (115,000 miles) and they didn't exactly flow real good before...

I think mine are original as well with 217k on them. I bought a set of gutted cats on ebay so that I can switch back for inspection. I'm hoping for better sound with the Borlas that I just got. Seeya, Robert :burnout

On a C5, you have to either turn off your rear cats or get o2 sims or the computer will throw a code. The o2's switch to monitor exhaust temps/ o2 levels before and after the cats.

Yeah I know that there is a O2 after the cat on the pass. side but I'm not sure if it does anything on a 94. That was the half and half year where they used part OBD1 and part OBD2. I'll post on the CF and see if someone there knows. Thanks, Robert :burnout

OOOPS!! I think that I messed up big time. I searched on the CF and most said the LT-1 loses bottom end power with the gutted cats. Dang!! Anybody want a pair of gutted cats CHEAP? Oh well, you win some and then you lose some.... or some #@%^$#@ takes it from you. LOL Seeya, Robert :withstupid