Williams Corvette Day[not dialup friendly]

Guest Kens06

Well to say it was less than expected, would be kind :o

The ride to meet K&K was as uneventful as following Ed can be :D

I've never been up to and through Sedona, Red Rock and Oak Creek area since I went to first grade in Phoenix (1957) :(

How beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was kind of hard to observe the scenery, watch the road and take pictures at the same time!! Most of the time I would try to do a pic out the side window, but the close scenery wouldn't let the camera focus lock up and I got zilch.

Here is a windshield shot that worked

P9180005.JPG

another

P9180011.JPG

Looking E on E Rt 66

P9180015.JPG

Tony's is third from the right!!

Look close and you will see Ed & Kim checking out the cars!!

P9180016.JPG

the only C1

P9180019.JPG

It started raining during the award ceremonies and we left shortly after that :thumbs:

The ride home was uneventful, except for the fact that Ed let Keith lead until the Camp Verde exit and just tucked in behind me until he left me at 101 and Cave Creek!!

I'm posting these here instead of CF because the ACE members need to start looking here first for local stuff!! :cheers:

That's my opinion

Ken

I'm posting these here instead of CF because the ACE members need to start looking here first for local stuff!! :cheers:

That's my opinion

Ken

I have to agree with Ken, rather disappointing. Not nearly the numbers I had been led to believe. Great ride up and yes, we did behave. Well, most of the time! Kind of a spirited run from Flagstaff to Williams.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I went to the Pavilions only to have my electric fan controller give out and I almost overheated the car.  After Tracy came up with some bailing wire and chewing gum I got it fixed (temp) and headed for home at 3:30.

I know seeing a C-6 would of been a long shot, but I was still kinda of hoping to see one.

Still think this event would be better served at Prescott.

Had fun with you all. Hope to see you guys at the poker run.

KnK

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, I hoped you all made it back safe and sound. Glad to see you did, but I am very sorry to hear about the Z that got rolled. Holy moly! That is scarey business. I just ended up going to a friends house to watch the DeLAHoya vs Hopkins fight. Great fight!

And the VETTE got RAINED on! GRRR! Sorry to hear and see the turnout was so small, but I don't think I have ever seen that many NBC's anywhere all together. That is probably one of my favorite colors for the C5.

Thanks for posting the pics. I agree we need to use this site more often.

Take care all and Ill see some of you on Sunday, the 25th for the prereun poker run.

Tanya

Great pics Ken. :thumbs:

In away, its kind of nice to see a poor turnout with another group, it makes some of our get together where just a handful of people show up not that bad.

But then I am probably just way off base thinking this way. :(