Some of you may know Doc from being at the Pavilions. Each year he leads a group out of the summer heat in Phoenix to the cool blue waters of the Pacific in San Diego for a weekend.
Plan "A"...Meet at the KRISPY KREME donut shop, AZ Mills mall, 7 AM on Saturday, August 21st and depart to San Diego via Interstate 8. Our destination is Ocean Beach/Dog Beach. At the end of Interstate 8, turn on Sunset Cliffs Blvd. and go to Voltaire. Turn right on Voltaire and drive to the end. This is the Dog Beach parking lot, just next to the "Ocean Villa Inn". After a short visit to the beach we all can go back to our motel to freshen up/or whatever, before the BBQ at 7 PM 'till whenever. We will be able to see the Sea World fireworks display at 9:30 PM from this area, as usual. We should plan to regroup here again Sunday morning after breakfast, (around 11:00 AM) to return to the Phoenix area. That's all folks. (Some people will want to stay 2 nights in San Diego, so go for it.....That's great. The motel industry appreciates your money.
Following is a list of local motels, prices and phone numbers....PLEASE make your own reservations as you like......
- Motel 6 on Hotel Circle, TAYLOR STREET EXIT (Teresa/$73.00 AARP rate) (619) 296-1612.
- Comfort Inn, right next door to Motel 6..west (Bobby/$119.00 AARP rate) (619) 881-6200
- Red Lion, right next to the Motel 6..east 1/2 a block. (Tanya/$134.00 AARP rate) (619) 297-1101
- Ramada Inn, on the south side of Interstate 8 on Hotel Circle, Taylor St. exit.. (Curtis/$127.00) 1-800-405-9102
- Super 8 just next to the Ramada (Gary/$99.00) (619) 692-1288
- Travelodge next door to Super 8 (Janet Kirk, manager/$99.00) (619) 279-2271
and there are many more on Hotel Circle....This San Diego area is very busy from June 1st thru Labor Day in September, 1st week, so the sooner you call, the better.
Rose and I will stay at the Motel 6 again because we only intend to sleep a few hours on Saturday evening and will not require many amenities. (Just a comfy bed) This is the same one that most everyone stayed at in the past. It has a heated pool. (619) 296-1612 And Teresa is a very nice front desk clerk who remembers us from past visits. (Call soon) If you need more info please call us at (480) 982-2044.
That's all for now folks, see you at the Pavilions.
Also, here's a link to view the entire original flyer: