OCT - LUKE AFB Car Show

JLs Mistress

JLs Mistress

I just came across this on another Forum does anyone from ACE do this show ? Seems like a great idea..If this is the wrong place to post this sorry. Car show info - Luke Air Force base Good afternoon! My name is Michelle Hoyt, and I am a nurse at Luke AFB. We are planning a free car show and men's health expo for our Tricare beneficiaries. The event will be on Fri Oct 12th, 0900-1400, here at Luke AFB. Fighter Country Partnership is offering their support, and is inviting some big name sponsors such as Barrett Jackson, the Cardinals cheerleaders, the Diamondbacks, Phx Suns, etc. There will be free food and music - and tons of great raffle prizes for eligible Tricare beneficiaries. We are anticipating possibly 2,000 attendees - active-duty and retired military, and their families. This is a free event in support of our active-duty and retired military and their families. This event has blossomed overnight from a small idea to an exciting and likely well-attended event. We are grateful for the support of community partners who are helping us to make this event a success! We are looking for car owners that might want to participate in this event by displaying their cars. Is this something that you might want to participate in? For more information, please email me at michelle.hoyt2@gmail.com, or call me at 623-856-9330 (work, M-F) or 480-205-5055 (cell, anytime). Thank you! V/R Michelle Hoyt, RN Health Manager (623) 856-9330 office (480) 205-5055 cell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Extender32

• Grape Ape

• JLs Mistress

• Dave64

This would be something worth while however; unless you have a military ID or are place on an authorization list, you won't be alowed on base.

I not sure about this type of show. "Men's Health expo?" I don't want to be told to stop eating bacon, loose weight, decrease my alcohol consumption, get a colonoscopy, and have a yearly prostate during a day in which I'm enjoying my vette. Who wants to be in tune with their mortality during a car show? :lol :lol

This would be something worth while however; unless you have a military ID or are place on an authorization list, you won't be alowed on base.

I'm guessing the authorization list will be long and easy to get on if you register for the show.

For those interested in showing, I'll contact the POC and I can pass on the info to you non-military types.

I not sure about this type of show. "Men's Health expo?" I don't want to be told to stop eating bacon, loose weight, decrease my alcohol consumption, get a colonoscopy, and have a yearly prostate during a day in which I'm enjoying my vette. Who wants to be in tune with their mortality during a car show? :lol :lol

But the prostate exam is free. :smilelol

JLs Mistress

For those interested in showing, I'll contact the POC and I can pass on the info to you non-military types.

That would be great thanks ..

But the prostate exam is free. :smilelol

Sure if you're into that sort of thing.

This is on a Friday so I could attend. Let me know what I need to do to get on that exception log. I am a non-military type.

I emailed the lady you posted in the letter about us civilians to see if there is anyway for us to get on base. See what happens and I will post here if I hear anything.

JLs Mistress

I emailed the lady you posted in the letter about us civilians to see if there is anyway for us to get on base. See what happens and I will post here if I hear anything.

Thanks

I talked to the Lady handling this and she conveyed that she will be able to get us on the base. I recently did contracting work on the base and had no issue getting 20 semis on to haul materials.

Ok, I got an email from here and I am posting the particulars below. She only has room for about 50 cars. I know the parking lot well,( It's across the street from the cop shop) and adjacent to the historical aircraft display on base.

Your car club friends...if they are interested, have them send their basic info (name, contact info, what type of car, and whether they have current base access) for now. Please let them know that those who do not have current base access will need to provide me with some personal information so that security can run a check and clear them for base access for the event. (I will send the forms with the registration packet, but will collect the information over the phone from my work landline, for protection of the information.) I am adding people to the initial list by first to respond. After we send out the registration packets, I will begin to finalize the list based on current base access, those that get their packet (incl security information) to me the soonest, and some sorting for car variety. (Yours is one of the first Corvettes, so consider yourself in, as long as registration is confirmed quickly once the packets go out.)

Here are some basic logistics... The event will run from 0900-1400, and will be held on base in the Club Five Six parking lot (which is on the west side of base, right off the bridge, across from the vintage plane display). The event is not public access, but is anticipated to be a well-attended event. The display will be set up one car per one parking space. Car owners should plan to arrive on base between 0600-0630, so that we can safely coordinate the cars and booth set-up...and to prevent a traffic jam when the normal higher volume of base staff enter the gates between 0700-0800. With our space and security/logistical considerations at this time, we are unable to accommodate trailers, so we are looking for cars that can be driven in.

I will send you the packet as soon as it is available. If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to email me or call me at 480-205-5055. My direct line at work is 623-856-9330. I am in and out of my office alot, but my voicemail is secure and is attended by my office-mate, Sheri, when I am unavailable

I am on the list as well. Basically got the same email as above. Hope to see some of you there.

I just spoke with Micheele from Luke and she would like us to caravan in and go through the South Gate so the non-mil guys won't have any problems with base access. They (Michelle) are having an event meeting and will let me know what's going on.

JLs Mistress

I just spoke with Micheele from Luke and she would like us to caravan in and go through the South Gate so the non-mil guys won't have any problems with base access. They (Michelle) are having an event meeting and will let me know what's going on.

:thumbs

Ok, cool. When the time gets a bit closer we will figure out a meeting place on your side of town. :thumbs

Ok, cool. When the time gets a bit closer we will figure out a meeting place on your side of town. :thumbs

Cool, she is really looking forward to seiing "The Grape Ape".

Is "She" Michelle? If so, then I hope I don't have anything in my background that would prevent me from getting on base. :eddie2: In my drunken stupors many years ago, who knows what the hell I did. I sure don't remember much. :edward: She must have gotten the pictures I sent to her that she wanted.

Is "She" Michelle? If so, then I hope I don't have anything in my background that would prevent me from getting on base. :eddie2: In my drunken stupors many years ago, who knows what the hell I did. I sure don't remember much. :edward: She must have gotten the pictures I sent to her that she wanted.

Yes Michelle. They (base cops) won't be running a back ground check, I don't believe. As long as you aren't a wanted fellon then you should be fine. I guess we'll know for sure when we drive up to the gate and you're pulled out at gunpoint and forced to kiss asphalt. lol :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

for those who will need base access, PM me your Full name, make/color of car, plate number and probably your drivers license number. I'll compile a list and send it to Michelle.