7/1/12 Biscuits and Gravy Run!

Jon

Tomorrow(Sunday 7/1) I will be leaving the TA truck stop off of the 339th Ave exit(#103) at 7am to run up to the Horsehoe Cafe in Wickenburg for some legendary biscuits and gravy. At least according the the reviews on Yelp it's supposed to be real good. I love me some biscuits and gravy, so it's on. Depending on how fast you drive, it takes 30-60 minutes to get up to the Hwy 60 turn once we get into Wickenburg.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/horseshoe-cafe-wickenburg

I will be in my olive drab C6, so just come pull up next to me in the TA.

Posted Image

CrownRoyal

Tempting..... but will I be able to wake up in 3 hours? I dont think so.

93mph average up Vulture Mine. It only took me 26 minutes to get from the TA to the Hwy 60 turn. Had a bit of an "oh sh!t" moment when I crested a rise too fast and got a little sideways at 100mph going around that corner. Good times!

I would have loved to have gone....I loves me some b&g, especially when they invite their friend Mr. Bacon, but that's way too far north for teh likes of me... :facepalm:

The biscuits and gravy is awesome! I got a full order and I'm struggling to finish. The biscuits are dense and huge. Big chunks of sausage and just the right amount of spicy without being overbearing.

The biscuits and gravy is awesome! I got a full order and I'm struggling to finish. The biscuits are dense and huge. Big chunks of sausage and just the right amount of spicy without being overbearing.

Well, I predict if you give two weeks notice on an empty event weekend, you'll have a caravan next time. How is the parking and seating?

Well, I predict if you give two weeks notice on an empty event weekend, you'll have a caravan next time. How is the parking and seating?

I won't make the drive for that loop but I'll head over Carefree Highway and meet everyone! :thumbs

On street parking. I think there is parking behind the cafe. I got there early enough that I was right in front of the restaurant. Seating for probably 40-50 people. On my way back I stopped by the shooting hill and shot by buddy's .45 MAC 10. Thirty rounds disappeared in a couple seconds! Fun gun to shoot!

:agree