5th Annual "Father's Day" Cruise, Sunday 6/24/12

Eddie44

Yes, it's that time of year again. Sunday 06/24/12 will be the Fifth Annual "Father's Day" cruise. This is the Sunday after Father's Day so everyone can still celebrate the holiday with family.

We'll be taking the same route as previous years. We'll meet at I-17 and Carefree Hwy, proceed to Wickenburg, then up over Yarnell Hill to Prescott, over Mingus Mtn to Jerome and down into Sedona for lunch at the scenic Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa.

Last year I believe we counted over 50 Vettes and 80+ people so it is truly one of the premiere ACE events of the year. You don't want to miss this one!

We will be dining at the Sedona Rouge resort. They are allowing us to take over either their restaurant or the patio depending on weather. They advised by Sunday at lunch time there parking lot will be cleared out giving us ample parking for 50 or more Vettes if needed.

The Lunch Buffet (same setup as last year) menu will be:

Salad

Green Salad (choice of two dressings)

Pasta Salad

Entree

Chicken Salad Wrap

Tuna Salad Wrap

Hamburgersd

Fresh Sliced Fruit Platter

Cheese cake or similar dessert

Coffee & Iced Tea Station

All inclusive (meal, tax, tip) will be $23.50 per person.

This year the Resort has provided us two pairs of Diamondback Tickets (very good Diamond level) to raffle at lunch.

Meeting Place:

McDonald's

Carefree Hwy and I-17

(in the past Yuma folks have met us in Wickenburg if that works better)

Date/Time:

Sunday June 24, 2012

8:00 am departing no later than 8:15 am

PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE COMING SO WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT FOR THE RESTAURANT

MEMBERS COMMITTED

Eddie44 2

Jon 1

Extended32 2

Vidal1313 2

Sunchaser 2

Venom on Wheels 2

AZMotorhead 2

Marco 2

Pittmd 2

GDADTOY 2

AndyKatz 2

Grayeagle 2

Grandad 2

oldmxdog61u 2

DavidpbjZ 2

FNBADVIPER 2

TheChad 2

08Z51 2

Chameleon 2

C5 4 SRD 2

Ted Yoder 2

y2krtaf 2

Porvette 2

ThatDudeWood 2

Blacknight 2

aenigma 1

Blk n Blu 2

A Train 2

CrownRoyal 2

Cahd 0

Ron & Eva 2

Fast Glass Corvette Club 4 Vettes / 8 people

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco

• Eddie44

• vidal1313

• Jon

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to check my work schedule tonight when I get to work. Sounds fun!

That's why I'm posting it almost two months in advance, so folks can take the day off if they work weekends and can plan accordingly. I realize folks may not be able to commit this far out but you can reserve the date and commit as it gets closer.

I've been doing this event for five years now and I've always gotten positive feedback. We have finally been able to find a restaurant that can accomodate us and has good food. They even have a bar for those that wish to have a beer or other adult beverage with lunch.

wickedfastvette

Eddie I'm keeping an eye on that road we talked about, they have it partially paved now, lets cross our fingers that they get at least half of the otherside done in time I will keep you posted.

VenomOnWheels

If the irrigation schedule doesn't tie us down, Christine & I are in.

VenomOnWheels

. . . See ya'll int the rearview mirror

Maybe as you're spinning out :scareddriver:

. . . See ya'll int the rearview mirror

Maybe as you're spinning out :scareddriver:

Bring that snake out and try to keep up with the usual hooligans. You get there before I do, I'll buy you lunch. :edward::3gears:

:3gears: I'll go anywhere for food! So will Wendy but she knows how to control herself. :eddie2: I believe we're in.

Even more important, she knows how to control you!

Could I meet you guys in Wickenburg? I'm only 45 mins south of Wickenburg since I can shoot straight up Vulture Mine Road. I could wait on the side of the road at the intersection of Vulture Mine Road and HWY 93. Google maps says it's 43 miles from your meet spot to that intersection. So I can just be there by 8:30 and wait.

Kathy and I would be delighted to attend ..heck I may even manage to remember to bring my camera :) -Frank aka GE

Could I meet you guys in Wickenburg?

We'll be making a stop at the BurgerKing just as you come into town. You and anyone else from the far west side can meet us there. The Yuma group normally meets us in Wickenberg.