ACE Detail Day at Yoder's place! Saturday, March 10th

Ted Y

I will be hosting the next ACE Detail Day. Here's what I have planned: * We will be detailing Marco's car for his wedding next weekend. * I would like to explain and demonstrate the basics of car detailing. * This would be an interactive workshop. Everyone who attends would be able to go hands on and learn. * You could bring your own products or detailing equipment and let people try it out to see how it works. I have plenty of my own stuff that everyone can share, but the more the merrier. (I don't have everything). * We could cover engine cleaning, interior, paint correction and polishing, and finally waxing/sealing and finishing touches. Whatever people are interested in learning, we can try to cover. * Come prepared to learn and participate. * There will be some refreshments and food provided, but anyone who would like to bring something can. I was thinking of a breakfast burrito bar, Cinnamon rolls, etc. Gather at my house at approximately 9 AM on Saturday, March 10. 9051 W Quail Track Drive Peoria, AZ 85383 Directions are as follows: -Take the Loop 101 and exit N 75 Avenue. Drive north 1 mile and turn left on W Deer Valley Road. -Drive west 1 mile to N 83 Avenue and turn right to go north. -Drive north on 83 Avenue for 3.2 miles to a stop sign. Go straight, 83 Avenue changes name to West Wing Boulevard. -Continue north on West Wing Boulevard for 1.1 miles to another STOP SIGN. Turn left onto Black Rock Boulevard. (On the right it says High Desert, on the left it is Black Rock) -Take the first right which is Molly Lane. Molly ends and turns right and becomes N 90th Lane. Continue to the end of 90th Lane where it turns right and becomes Quail Track Drive. I am the second house on the right. If you need directions, PM me. GM Navigation units consistently send you to the wrong place and no to my house. Everyone is welcome!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Poppa

• Ted Y

• Buccaneer

• Marco

We can use my V as I have never had it professionally detailed but has been waxed several times.

Posted Image

:banghead I am so bummed, The MOPAR is registered in the Good-Guys show otherwise AnM would be there. A C3 is the perfect project too...

W/ my car being a DD & being 13 years old, it would make the perfect candidate. Sorry to say I don't have physical impairments, but there's no question I have mental ones :crazy:thumbs

I do want you to do my vette eventually, but for demo purposes my wifes 07 charcoal grey altima would be a great candidate. its got pit marks from bird crap, scratches all over from her using a brush at self svc car washes, interior is a bit stained and smelly from former smoking. all in all, its BEAT for an 07.

IMO I think since its an ACE event it really ought to be a Corvette :2cents

Or a Viper :leaving

Jimbo, I'll take a look at your Vette at the next lunch. Cherye, you too. Maybe a wedding gift for Marco, but I don't think he could get to my house by 9 AM. Remember, this is a training and demonstration event for learning how to do this yourself. It's about giving back to ACE and getting together with new and old friends.

. . .

* There will be some refreshments and food provided, but anyone who would like to bring something can. I was thinking of a breakfast burrito bar, Cinnamon rolls, etc.

I'll bring Cinnamon rolls. :ACE:

If there is any way to really revive an acrylic top gone south, mine would make an excellent example (and I'd sure like to learn how to make it look better).

I'm in, but just to socialize and munch on Donna's buns...er I mean cinnamon rolls. :eat::ED::eat::ED::eat: My car is way past the point that a detail and polish would help. Danny's $5 express wash is as good as it gets anymore. :ack:

You can use mine. My knees are so screwed I have to get my left knee drained every other week. I'm making my poor brother do all the work.

Ted You are not that far away, so I thought I would bring the old 66 out. Nothing has been done to the car since it was painted the end of last year, If there is anything you might want to demo for new paint then just let me know. If you want to see it before hand then let me know when you are going to be home and I will bring it over.