Favorite Arizona drive

08Z51

scottcolbath
On 4/30/2017 at 9:21 PM, RobertAshby said:

Started motorcycling that road in 1972 !  Much more bike miles than car miles up there ! 

I did it for the first time last October, and I've been living here for more than 25 years with motorcycles pretty much the whole time. Not sure how I let it go so long. Nice ride though. I'll do it again.

S.C.

• 3 weeks later...

From Springerville-Eagar 180 to Alpine, then down 191 to Clifton. (Coronado Trail) From Alpine, the big sign says;"This road not patrolled".  Just watch out for Elk.

• 1 month later...
VenomOnWheels

Whether by motorcycle, Cobra, Jeep, or Viper, The Devil's Highway remains my favorite. 

Favored route is a clockwise loop taking US-60 through the Salt River Canyon, AZ-73 through Whiteriver, US-260 to Eagar, US-666 (aka 191) south, US-70 west, and US-60 back to the valley.  We usually stay overnight at Hannagan Meadow.  When we've taken the Jeep that whole new multi-day world of exploring back roads and barely roads to parallel the same route opens up.

My favorite drives are  cross country. Actually in the middle of it now.  Left Phoenix went to Albuquerque I 40 across to Fort Smith Arkansas.  Spent the night, I am currently in Birmingham Alabama hot and sticky. Headed to Nashville tomorrow then on the Bowling Green.