Looking for a good place to tint

Simon

I know a guy that did my honda my truck and my vette comes to you prices is reasonable as he did my vette for 180 if anyone wants his name and number just let me know Pricing might be different as I am repeat customer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• Eddie44

• Ted Y

Just had my Vette done 2 weeks ago. I have been going to him for years with other vehicles. He has even told me most people won't even touch Vettes. He gaurantees all of his work and is in Gilbert. Jesus Angles is his name and shop phone is 480-926-9726

• 2 weeks later...

OK so the tint on my hatch was already on the car when I bought it. I have a problem seeing trhough the hatch as everything looks out of focus. Is this a common problem with tinted hatches or is it just a crappy job with inferior tint? It also has a hole in it so I'm glad to find out that it can be removed and replaced. As always, thanks for the info in advance. :rockon2: I plan to have my wide's car done and possibly replace mine with better materials.

I would say inferior job with inferior material. Age has something to do with it too. The longer cheap tint is on the great chance it has of getting cloudy. A good tinter can remove the old and put on new. I'm sure it will cost more than just the usual tint job but can be done.

Thanks Eddie and Sean...now it will be just a matter of who does it and when...unfortunatelly I'll be out of town most every week so I'll definately have to make sure I make an appointment during one of my few visits to the homeland :thumbs

• 1 month later...

I've always used Affordable Window Tint at Grant and I-10. They do my cars, my work cars, friends, family etc... They always do an awesome job.

Ask for Harry, tell him Chris Barnhart (Big Poppa) sent you. 623-2238

Well, that didn't work...I went to have it done this am, and teh price more than doubled from last weeks' quote...anywhere else?

REALLY? I've been doing business with Harry for like 10 years, never had an issue. I wonder if they got confused on what film you wanted....

REALLY? I've been doing business with Harry for like 10 years, never had an issue. I wonder if they got confused on what film you wanted....

It's certainly possible, but teh guy (I'm not sure if it was Harry, though he's teh one I spoke to on teh phone) said that they don't even have a tint at teh price they gave me...was I sure I had teh right place? I dunno, everybody's names, teh address, their phone number...ya, maybe...

Next! :banghead

Huh... Well I guess I apologize for a bad referral then. I dunno what happened.

• 2 months later...

Teh FRC finally gets tinted today-by Frank Ruiz, up until teh beginning of teh week with Royal Glass-he's out on his own now, and also doing teh 3/M clear bra's...I'll post my opinion and a pic after he finishes... :thumbs

Another option would be Echelon Autosports. Unfortunately they're not mobile, but if you live near Scottsdale or just want a really good price on tint it's an option. He's doing cars for $100 if you say you're with the GTO or Top Gear group. Might want to double-check that a Corvette is still $100 cause sometimes places really charge a premium for our cars. But quite a few people on AZDG have recently (and even not recently) had theirs done and everyone is really impressed with their work. If you want to read the thread you can find it here http://azdgforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13664 and their phone number is 480-251-8493

• 2 months later...
oldmxdog61u

Jeff berryhill did my c-6 for under 200. Terrific clean job and he took the bus out to buckeye at no extra charge and did it at my ranch. My car was spotless when he left and the job was good. My 0.02$

• 3 months later...

re: tinting 'Frank did a really good job' Phone number? (tint on passenger window curlin off lower edge slow but sure .. prolly should just remove and redo it all) No idea how long it has been since it was done, but back window is clear albeit very dark .. just like I like it :) Definitely cuts interior heat level when I have to park out in the sun on errands. -Frank aka GE

• 8 months later...

I have dark limo tint on the front windows (from the PO) and it needs to be replaced or Im risking a stop/citation. I can pull the door tint myself using a steamer and straight edge. Being new to this forum, I like how this topic is pinned. A lot of referrals to boot. Thanks The new guy!

Just got done dealing with a guy named Ryan Bulloch. He came recommended and I remember using him for my daughters car a few years ago. Didn't get in contact with Chris so I went with him. He is very professional and did a great job. He will come to your place of worship as long as you have power and a garage to work in. He also does the clear film and has a new product that he is going to try on his car. It's made with ceramic. The stuff he has now will block out 55-60% of the heat I believe he said and works well for windshields or side windows and is relatively clear.

On my car he had to remove the old tint and install the new and he only charged me $75 to do both. He's been in business for over 20 years. Very nice guy and I would highly recommend him. His company he is associated with is Oasis Window Tinting. He has also done some high end cars for people and he knows what he is doing. Don't hesitate to call him if you need something done. :thumbs

His contact info is:

Ryan Bullock

(480)241-TINT (8464)

Or

(602)247-1165

Either number will get in touch with him.

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

Hi folks- Chris did my back window ---orange 2007 this morn. On time ,good job! He's got my business! :jim: GO ORANGE Dr. Vette

• 1 year later...

Well I can tell you who not to use in the Havasu area, Car Toyz, made a mess of my car and tint job is a 7 at very best, all while tooting his own horn at being the very best around, which the price indicated. Plus the dreaded "matrix" is not so hot.

People tell me to take it back, WHY, couldn't do it right the first time is my take.

NSF

• 2 months later...

Finally got to AZ and need a window tinter. First for the wife's SC430, then the Vette. Hoping to get some recommendations as most of this thread is a few years old.