{Tentative} Plinking again (SUNDAYs - March 18 or 25?)

Togo

we talked about doing this a month out from the last time, and the 18th fits that bill, not to mention it's a SUNDAY, and i figure with the 80 degree temps upon us, it's only going to get warmer - might as well go back out and fire off a few more rounds. and if a cow is roaming around on the freeway again - we're going to have to do our civic duty and grill it when we get to the spot! :leaving

i'm going to start saving things like gallon jugs of all sorts, those filled with a little tap water should make some nice targets - at least you'll know if you hit it!

so, how about it gang? on a sunday, it might up our head count - and from the amount of rounds i shot off last time, i have plenty to go again without having to buy more.

if the 18th isn't good we can push it back a week to the 25th! if those don't work, we may have to push the planning back a bit

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Togo

• Quiktrip

• Loud Pedal

• Bigfoot

Top Posters In This Topic

the 18th sounds perfect. i'll be out of town on the 25th - but if you want to make it a sausage-fest, i understand!

i know don has been itching to go back and pick up the spent rounds... that sounds really dirty :D

If only I could talk my wife into letting me buy a gun. :toetap:smilelol

you're in the frickin' military - i thought it was a requirement that you have a gun! :huh

you're in the frickin' military - i thought it was a requirement that you have a gun! :huh

I wish...my wife has this extreme aversion to them. I've fired several different kinds and calibres and owned a 9mm DAO Ruger for a while. Now I just have blades. :lol

I wish...my wife has this extreme aversion to them. I've fired several different kinds and calibres and owned a 9mm DAO Ruger for a while. Now I just have blades. :lol

Come out and shoot a couple rounds thru our stuff...

Come out and shoot a couple rounds thru our stuff...

Interesting idea. Have to check schedule then get info on who is willing to lend so I can buy the ammo if I do go.

I'll be at a training seminar in beautiful Denver, CO, I would be up for it.

Since I just picked up a Bushmaster M4A3, I'm definitely in for either day. :eek Where's a good place to buy .223 ammo? Robert :burnout

Since I just picked up a Bushmaster M4A3, I'm definitely in for either day. :eek Where's a good place to buy .223 ammo? Robert :burnout

At an ammo store... Or maybe on the corner of 4th ave and Jefferson. :devil

What's at 4th Ave and Jefferson? Robert :burnout

i bought 1000 rounds of 62 grain hollow point for $199 shipped - if you want regular 55 grain FMJ that's the same price (and probably has less recoil)

(and remember, shipped = NO TAX!) @ ammoman.com

http://ammoman.com/webstore_223.htm

FYI - that's $3.98 per box for either 55grain FMJ or 62 grain JHP - you can't buy .223 for that price ANYWHERE in town - even walmart has it for $6+, sportsmans warehouse has a budget .223, but even that's $4.99 per box of 20 plus tax and you gotta drive there to get it! (trust me, i've worked all this out in my figuring) i got the information from here http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=13&t=257539

What's at 4th Ave and Jefferson? Robert :burnout

The Hood

Thanks Chris. Just ordered 1000 rounds of 55 FMJ. :thumbs That should hold me for a while. :D Robert :burnout

Do you want me to put it down for the 18th? Let me know and I'll put it on the calenar.....

:hunter

Andrew

Thanks Chris. Just ordered 1000 rounds of 55 FMJ. :thumbs That should hold me for a while. :D Robert :burnout

cool, maybe we could trade a few boxes when we meet up - like i said, i picked up the 62grain HP! bring a couple extras with ya and i'll do the same!

the only problem i see now, is that we probably aren't going to have enough (or any for that matter) TRUCKS to get us there and it seems that the guys that drove last time either aren't responding, or they can't make it. :toetap

Where are we on this? I'm going to check with my boss to see if I can use my work truck but I don't expect a yes. Anyone else? :toetap Robert :burnout

Do they make air shocks for C5's?
perhaps - but i bet it would be cheaper to buy a truck that is capable of making the trip.

robert, if you can get the work truck, how many can you fit? (if he says yes?)

perhaps - but i bet it would be cheaper to buy a truck that is capable of making the trip.

It's a she and 4 or 5 if I empty it out. :eek Robert :burnout

Burnout

The cheapest place to by ammo is at gun shows. Watch for gun shows at the AZ fairgrounds, or the Mesa Civic center. You can find "remanufactured" ammo --- reloaded by commercial reloaders, and you can find surplus Military ammo.

Otherwise reload your own--thats what I do in order to save money, as I shoot thousands of rds of .223 per year in competition.

You all should know that there is a very good shooting range on North Ellsworth rd (Usury Pass) in Mesa where you can shoot all day for $6 and they provide target frames and targets. You can shoot any guns, any amt of guns, any size guns, and shoot from 10 yds out to 300 yds. They have 36 benches, and you can shoot full auto if you have one.

I shoot on a rifle team, and if anyone has any specific questions on marksmanship my Email is ARman772@aol.com

Hawkeye

Where are we on this? I'm going to check with my boss to see if I can use my work truck but I don't expect a yes. Anyone else? :toetap Robert :burnout

i'm not sure where we are - what i think we need is an actual head count on this so we can see how much room we'll need.

i'm gonna go out ona limb and say.....

Don and Liz

Robert

Me

can we get anymore yay or nays (no MAYBE's!) - as if we have more people than room, we'll probably have to cancel and reschedule - which is fine - gives me some time to save up some more targets!

It's a she and 4 or 5 if I empty it out. :eek Robert :burnout

Robert,

You're more than welcome to borrow my truck if you want.

David

I know where you can get one! ;)