Slower mph at NFZ?

dbs1

Wondering if anyone else saw slower mph this last Saturday at the NFZ event in Gila Bend?  I was about 7-8mph slower and not sure if it was the car, the DA or the timer closer together?

Dbs what's your setup? Da was some of the best we have had out there and timing is marked every time. Sun people were down but there was a good head wind and light sprinkles so made traction fun. I still hit my personal best of a 192.8 on sun though :) sat had a few customers set personal best too. 

I was there Saturday.  You've had my car at your shop when it blew the head gaskets.  We donated my serpentine belt when we left on Sat. That you pulled for a guy that he let me know was too short.

Its a 2004 Z06 running a recently built LS3 416 after running the previous 416 low on oil during my last run at the Mohave Magnum mile.  Around 510 rwhp.  We were faster then a C7 Z06 and a 645hp 2015 viper, but in 2015 we managed over 157 mph and our best on Sat was 150.

Joe, I still think you have a nitrous kit or better yet a SC setup laying around in a closet you want to throw on this thing...

so many things can vary when you're not comparing same day in a half mile race especially in a stick car. shifting, traction, DA, if tire height changed, etc. I have plenty of those things I can throw on it just none of it's used :P 

• 2 weeks later...

I know things can change, that's why I thought I'd ask how others fared on previous outings there.  We started at 147 and moved it up to 150, but that was the best we came up with using 2 different drivers and about 12 passes.

We were a few mph faster then a stock C7 Z06 and a stock 2015 viper, but not sure on the drivers ability with those cars,  but they were 650hp and 645hp respectively, which has me covered by 30-40hp, but I'm 200lbs lighter.

I ran 147/148's at Gila a couple of years ago, 08 LS3 with Z exhaust and a NicD tune, you should be faster than that ...