Two major problems in my Brand new C7

Hospici

Hi everybody;

I purchased my dream car 5 months ago. I’ve wanted to own a Corvette for last 20 years. It’s 2017 brand new Stingray. At 2000 miles it started make a weird noise I took it to the service and they said it’s the shaft so after 10 days at service I got my car back with a brand new shaft. Now it’s at 4000 miles and it’s making a very loud noise and vibration at the same time at 2000rpm. It’s been at the service for 2 days and they still couldn’t find the problem. Also car has a vibration when it’s running like it has a misfire issue.I don’t want to drive this car anymore. All these problems in only 4000 miles.What do you suggest? I’ll talk to GM customer service tomorrow.Thanks for your help.

You have lost all confidence in this specific car.  They need to make it right with you.  What do you want?  Possibilities include significant extension of a 100% bumper to bumper warranty in writing, give you all of your money back including the value of any trade if you had one, or give you an exact replacement.  Good luck, please post up your progress on getting this resolved! 

• Thanks 1

I talked to GM customer service today. They opened a case and someone will contact me in 2 business days. I’ll keep you guys posted. Thanks for your advices.

They said it’s the shaft again which was assembled brand new only a month ago. Somehow car is wearing out the same piece.

On 11/30/2017 at 11:47 AM, Chameleon said:

You have lost all confidence in this specific car.  They need to make it right with you.  What do you want?  Possibilities include significant extension of a 100% bumper to bumper warranty in writing, give you all of your money back including the value of any trade if you had one, or give you an exact replacement.  Good luck, please post up your progress on getting this resolved! 

I escalated the case by make a complaint to BBB. A lady called me from GM and said that she will talk to the dealer first. I believe they will do a buy back.

I had that issue. They said it was the rear end. Thankfully it happened within a few days of me purchasing it at 1,700 miles. I sat in a loner car for 2 days after them telling me it’ll take a few weeks.  I decided like you’re thinking - I do not want that car. I turned in the loaner, got my trade in (they did not dare try to stop me), drove to another dealership and bought a brand new Vette. I’m so so happy I did. 

When you obviously love cars enough to pay for a new Vette, it should be perfect. You shouldn’t pay that much to have it spend your driving time with it in the shop. 

I would get real insistent that they get you out of that car and into a Vette without problems. 

13 hours ago, aenigma said:

I had that issue. They said it was the rear end. Thankfully it happened within a few days of me purchasing it at 1,700 miles. I sat in a loner car for 2 days after them telling me it’ll take a few weeks.  I decided like you’re thinking - I do not want that car. I turned in the loaner, got my trade in (they did not dare try to stop me), drove to another dealership and bought a brand new Vette. I’m so so happy I did. 

When you obviously love cars enough to pay for a new Vette, it should be perfect. You shouldn’t pay that much to have it spend your driving time with it in the shop. 

I would get real insistent that they get you out of that car and into a Vette without problems. 

Thanks for your advice. I'll try to be more firm with them. People call me too nice lol so I should put the game face on and talk to them maybe that'd work.

Mine got louder and louder - a loud higher pitched hum-like noise. To the point of almost deafening while on the freeway and it was getting worse fast.   The higher the rpm, the louder it got. My husband is a car guy and immediately knew what it was so I let them know, or who knows how many parts they would’ve replaced.  I know it’s an issue with some new vettes. Mine involved a whole new rear end that had to be trucked in from out of state. 

Have them check on that. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

BBB arranged an hearing on February 2nd.I think it’s called arbitration. I guess I’ll wait and see what GM will say.Thanks for asking.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...