Automotive Photography

94transamgt

Well, I've had my first DSLR camera for almost a year and have acquired a tripod, lenses and editing software. I would like to get into automotive photography and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in having photos of their car taken. I would love to get some practice and hopefully find some cool locations to photograph cars. I live in the Northeast valley, if anyone knows of a nice location or wants to have some pictures taken let me know. Also the best time to take photos is at dusk and dawn. Below are a few pics I took this weekend of my corvette and my wife's Q50.  

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

untitled-5.jpg

untitled-6.jpg

untitled-17.jpg

untitled-31.jpg

untitled-38.jpg

untitled-15.jpg

untitled-17.jpg

untitled-20.jpg

untitled-27.jpg

untitled-30.jpg

untitled-38.jpg

• Like 1

Would love to get some pics of my GS.  There’s a large landscaped fountain at 4600 E Cotton Ln (48th St and Broadway) that I think would make a great backdrop.  It’s in the middle of a roundabout so it would probably take 3 people.  

37 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

Would love to get some pics of my GS.  There’s a large landscaped fountain at 4600 E Cotton Ln (48th St and Broadway) that I think would make a great backdrop.  It’s in the middle of a roundabout so it would probably take 3 people.  

That does look like a cool fountain, (google maps) I see that it would be a bit of a challenge. Is there a time of day that is not to busy? I'm thinking you could pull up, stay in the car, I could shoot some photos and if someone needs you to move just circle around.

I think a cool photo to try with your GS would be a parking garage at night. Do a long exposure shot and paint your car with a led flash light. The effect should be similar to this photo but the blue would really pop against the gray of the parking garage.   

carlisle blue corvette.jpg

It’s in the middle of a huge industrial park so my thought would be a Sat or Sun early. 

Love the parking garage at night idea. Night time there’s some great areas on Camelback Mtn and Squaw Peak.  Great city lights in the background.  

22 hours ago, Eddie44 said:

It’s in the middle of a huge industrial park so my thought would be a Sat or Sun early. 

Love the parking garage at night idea. Night time there’s some great areas on Camelback Mtn and Squaw Peak.  Great city lights in the background.  

How about Friday evening, see if we can get some good shot at the fountain around sunset? After the sun goes down we could head to the U of P parking garage near by. 

10 hours ago, Chameleon said:

If you still want more practice after you are done with Eddie, please put me on your list to be next. . .  :thumbs

I would love to get some shots, yellow cars look awesome at night. Did you have any spots in mind? That spot at Tempe town lake would be an awesome contrast to the yellow.(like the above photos)

7 hours ago, y2krtaf said:

Would love to get some cool shots if you don’t mind shooting a purple car!

The purple on your mopar would make for a very cool subject. Did you have any locations in mind?

I dont have any spots in mind as well,which is why some one with an eye for these things would be awesome!

I’m sure location,time of day or spot for lighting all matter.

I’m off currently tue wed thurs till probably the end of the year.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:18 PM, Eddie44 said:

Sorry I can’t Friday.  We’re babysitting grandbabies. 

You're nice grandparents. Let me know when your schedule has an opening. This was my busy week. I work until 4pm week days and have every other Friday. 

On 10/17/2017 at 7:47 PM, Chameleon said:

I don't have any specific spots in mind, open to suggestions. I will give it some thought.

Just Tempe town lake. Yellow really stands out against all backgrounds . Not sure what side of town your on.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:10 AM, y2krtaf said:

I dont have any spots in mind as well,which is why some one with an eye for these things would be awesome!

I’m sure location,time of day or spot for lighting all matter.

I’m off currently tue wed thurs till probably the end of the year.

After looking at pics of plum crazy purple Challengers online, looks like your color looks best in direct sunlight. I would like to find fresh black asphalt with yellow lines, I think that would be a nice contrast.   Boeing, near me just resurfaced their parking lot, but it has white lines. Would you want to do some pics in the late afternoon on one of your days off?

2 hours ago, 94transamgt said:

Just Tempe town lake. Yellow really stands out against all backgrounds . Not sure what side of town your on.

I am in Goodyear, basically at I-10 and loop 303.    

My next weekend day that is completely open is Sunday the 29th. . . I can come to Tempe on that day if it works for you.

23 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I am in Goodyear, basically at I-10 and loop 303.    

My next weekend day that is completely open is Sunday the 29th. . . I can come to Tempe on that day if it works for you.

That would work for me, maybe around 7PM?

14 hours ago, JohnU said:

Papago Park offers some nice shots

vette.jpg

That looks really cool. I need to go check it out. Thanks

10 hours ago, 94transamgt said:

That would work for me, maybe around 7PM?

That spot is back by where the power company? employees enter their property.

Well, just make sure you keep posting your pictures here for the rest of us to drool over. Those are some nice shots of your ride in the first post. 

Cant wait to see what you do with the other members rides. 

Would definately like to do this,a wed/thur afternoon would be fine.

What ever is convenient for yourself.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:33 PM, Dave64 said:

I sure would like some shots of the '64, if you're interested in an older car.

I would love to get some pics of your C2.

8 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

Well, just make sure you keep posting your pictures here for the rest of us to drool over. Those are some nice shots of your ride in the first post. 

Cant wait to see what you do with the other members rides. 

Thanks, I'm looking forward to photographing some very cool cars.

6 hours ago, y2krtaf said:

Would definately like to do this,a wed/thur afternoon would be fine.

What ever is convenient for yourself.

I'm really looking forward to this, unfortunately It will likely be November 8th or 9th. This week is going to be a busy week at work, and hopefully I can get my vette into the shop for a new trans this week. Next week I will be at SEMA during the end of the week. I'll send you a PM when I get back from SEMA and we'll set something up. 

• Like 1

Awesome!  I love SEMA,just couldn’t find the time to get there this year,Next month is fine,Just let me know so I can make it perdy!

Give me a call some time after SEMA.  I'm available during the week, if that is best for you.  By the way, I am on the west side, though we can talk about locations you feel are great for pictures.  My contact is 623.326.0251.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:47 PM, y2krtaf said:

Awesome!  I love SEMA,just couldn’t find the time to get there this year,Next month is fine,Just let me know so I can make it perdy!

Will do, I'll send you a PM when I get back.

On 10/24/2017 at 8:47 AM, Dave64 said:

Give me a call some time after SEMA.  I'm available during the week, if that is best for you.  By the way, I am on the west side, though we can talk about locations you feel are great for pictures.  My contact is 623.326.0251.

I'll send you a PM when I get back, keep an eye out for places that would make a cool background.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Met up with Logan for a little fun taking some pictures of the Purple monster.

Here’s a couple he e-mailed me that were shot.

It was really cool meeting and hanging out with you,thanks for shooting some pictures and can’t wait to see the rest!

fullsizeoutput_a1e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a1d.jpeg