C6/C7 seats wanted

AZhitman

Just in case you weren't aware, 2012 & 2013 C6 seats are different than the earlier C6 seats. Definitely more support.  I didn't realize it until I traded my 09 for the 12.  

2 hours ago, Eddie44 said:

Just in case you weren't aware, 2012 & 2013 C6 seats are different than the earlier C6 seats. Definitely more support.  I didn't realize it until I traded my 09 for the 12.  

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that in my '08. I think the foam is wearing out now that it is my DD. :( 

3 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that in my '08. I think the foam is wearing out now that it is my DD. :( 

The difference is only in the upper seatback bolsters. It's not a whole different seat.

You can fix your foam issue with a plastic table placemat.

a4 301.JPG

a4 303.JPG

2 hours ago, Ted Y said:

Tom, is that an AC Delco table mat? Gotta keep it original! :)

The AC Delco table mats were on perpetual back order, so I found this one which was originally a BB&B table mat. Sometimes you just gotta go rogue. 

Fairly flexible plastic molded over a dense foam. Total thickness about 1/8". Just cut in half to slip between the spring wires and the seat foam. The passenger side has about 3/8" to 1/2" thick jute, so doesn't have the same problem of wires cutting the seat foam. R&R of the seat is 10 minutes after you've done it a few times, but maybe as much as 30 minutes the first time, before you learn the shortcuts. Inserting the mat only takes 1 minute. Easy job to keep the seat in good condition.