And we're off to Drag Week

aenigma

2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Post pics!!!

We will!  We just got done with a 24 hour drive with no stops but gas and snacks. We are tired! 

Sad sad!!  Rocker arm busted first day on the second pass. Lonnie put a new rocker arm on and it busted the first 20 miles of a 274 mile drive for the day. We turned around and hightailed it back before they locked up the gates with our truck and trailer. We'll be back next year. Meanwhile, we camped next to Tom Bailey the first day so that was pretty cool. We got to see friends we had made in 2015 drag week too. 

If you followed the daily times, we weren't there the second day. Hot Rod messed up and put someone else's in there. We were already in Kansas by then. 

IMG_5723.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5747.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5786.JPG

IMG_5789.JPG

IMG_5795.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5824.JPG

IMG_5842.PNG

IMG_5846.JPG

IMG_5850.JPG

IMG_5855.JPG

IMG_5862.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5892.JPG

1 minute ago, Drewstein said:

Wow Mo even with the trouble that looks fun!

Bring that thing to SCT in October.

It was a blast but way too short. 

What's SCT? 

When I saw the 11.45@117 on the second pass and never saw the car again, I thought something was wrong. Then when the Tuesday results got posted and showed a 11.12@120, I just wrote it off to a different track, since a lot of cars were running slower. Sorry you had problems. Here's your passes at 1:43:43 and 5:15:30.

BTW, there were 73 cars who dropped out by day 4 and I'd guess a few more who never made it back to Cordova to run on day 5. You were not alone.

• Like 1

Even the first pass wasn't right. The car should've gotten 10.3- 

we were watching numbers all week. We have friends who were still in. One got second in his class (hot rod).  Fun time for sure. 

18 hours ago, aenigma said:

It was a blast but way too short. 

What's SCT? 

Street car takeover in October.  There's a 10.0 class that would be perfect for you guys.

Oh that's right. We'll have to figure out the extent of damage done to the camaro, especially snce we had to drive it back the 20 miles as it was. 

12 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

When I saw the 11.45@117 on the second pass and never saw the car again, I thought something was wrong. Then when the Tuesday results got posted and showed a 11.12@120, I just wrote it off to a different track, since a lot of cars were running slower. Sorry you had problems. Here's your passes at 1:43:43 and 5:15:30.

BTW, there were 73 cars who dropped out by day 4 and I'd guess a few more who never made it back to Cordova to run on day 5. You were not alone.

Thank you Tom. I wrestled with that replay for hours trying to find lonnie. I ended up finding one but couldn't find the other. This is perfect. 

They don't like camaros, it's become a joke with us. 😃