Street Car Takeover-Tucson September 8-9, 2017

FNBADAZ06

I think I might roll down to Tucson for this event and do a bit of roll racing, some T n T, and just maybe enter the Stick shift class race.

Anyone else going to run this event besides Joe and the CPR customer group ?

38 minutes ago, cr133r said:

I intend to be there on Saturday.  Not sure if I'm racing though.

Billy !!!! I see that Hunter posted up in DSC about running the roll races on Friday night, so I'm planning on heading down to go roll racing at minimum...maybe test and tune on SAturday.

See you there :)

Had a few runs Saturday afternoon at Tucson's Street Car Takeover event. I think I have a bad plugwire and my 60' times still need work, but a 5985' DA at 5:00 p.m , ran a 10.81@133.27 on a rather poor 1.67 60' . 1/8th mile was off at 7.1@97 mph , but I think It's ignition related. I'll have to data log to confirm, and coincidence or not, the alternator took a dump Sunday morning on my drive back to Tucson.

I did a half dozen roll races from 40 mph on Friday, then 5 roll races on Saturday against another friend's C6 Z06. 50 MPH rolls had me hitting the tree in 2nd gear and out of the powerband, but still pulled a 135.84 MPH trap 👍

Hopefully I can sneak in a few more TnT 'S at WHP to practice my launches and get my NLS technique nailed down before racing season begins in October. Given the weird 7.1@97 1/8th performance, I was pleased with the 133+ trap speeds. 👍

IMG_1205.JPG

That was great times Victor.  Your car really moved and I don't think the DA was all that good for us either.  I'll try to remember to post my slip.  Once I get my 60' on your level I'll get some good numbers!

13 hours ago, Drewstein said:

That was great times Victor.  Your car really moved and I don't think the DA was all that good for us either.  I'll try to remember to post my slip.  Once I get my 60' on your level I'll get some good numbers!

Thanks, Drew !!! Yep, no doubt your car is a monster...your traps were no joke !!!! Once you get use to the transbrake and find that launch rpm, your 60' will drop like a rock :)

Here's my slip from the two runs......

59b7ea89e2377_SCT9-9-20172.thumb.jpg.2391c51341a9b3d885a59ddb712a7423.jpg

Which one was you putting the hurt on that turbo vette?  That was awesome.  I hope there's video because you put about half a track on that guy haha.

Yeah, he was having some issues launching :lol I understand he ultimately was able to get a 10.8@138 out of it later in the night. He seems like a nice guy and new at drag racing, and initially took a beating on a FB page about a 1K HP Vette running 12's (I think he posted saying it makes 700's to the wheels)

On our run, he bailed out of the run and ran something like a 16@71 MPH :)

I haven't seen any videos of any of my runs that day, but I'm hoping some start to surface as the week goes on.

Not much worse than my 1k C6 running 11s lol.  Practice makes perfect!

Here's my best run of the night.  I was launching at only 4psi if that, wasn't able to get into the 2-step.  

Not too bad for some shake down passes.  The car has a lot more in it too!

Right Lane

20170909_210435.thumb.jpg.02e938fc2ca4ef5159efeb2d6c3c0f14.jpg