C7 Tire wear - fronts vs. rears

dasvette

I have the Michelin pilot sport run flats and on my last set i got a little over 27K on mine but I did change them a bit early as they still had 4/32 remaining.  Tire wear was even at all 4 corners and they were never rotated.  BTW, I have 19's & 20's.

Not a C7 but the rears on mine only last half as long as the fronts. 

They have a tendency to smoke !!!

insatiableOne
17 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

Not a C7 but the rears on mine only last half as long as the fronts. 

They have a tendency to smoke !!!

Next it will be drinking and staying out late :o

My fronts are wearing down, but will get an alignment as the last was too much positive caster. And wearing the outside edge off. Or.......too fast on the turns and ripping the trailing edge off? Both sides, the mountain drive to and from accelerate wear, I think??

Or the skinny pedal, doing burnouts up and down the mountain. in attemp to even them out. Need some balognas soon.

On 8/27/2017 at 1:52 PM, Extender32 said:

I have the Michelin pilot sport run flats and on my last set i got a little over 27K on mine but I did change them a bit early as they still had 4/32 remaining.  Tire wear was even at all 4 corners and they were never rotated.  BTW, I have 19's & 20's.

4/32 at 27K seems very good.  My Vette is a 2016 base 2LT and 18/19's were standard that year.  I have 22K miles and fronts are about down to about 4/32, evenly worn, and rears have noticeably more tread.  I looked on another Corvette forum and most say that the fronts usually wear out before the rears.  I would have thought the reverse for a rear drive vehicle.  The only reasons I can think of are that since the front wheels are smaller, they travel more rotations than the rear, and also wear from steering.

28K and around 4/32nds also.  I've have two dealership alignments and the inside rears are slightly cupped.  I made sure they used the special C7 rear alignment gauge the 2nd time and still doing it.

My first set on the C7 was around 28,000 but they were not bald when I replace them.