Sign in to follow this  
JohnU

Top 50 in C7 sales

old yeller    44
old yeller

I have bought two from them over the years. They always treated me well. This last one I bought at Chapman because they had the color combo I wanted in stock.

y2krtaf    31
y2krtaf
24 minutes ago, old yeller said:

I have bought two from them over the years. They always treated me well. This last one I bought at Chapman because they had the color combo I wanted in stock.

Same,my C5 and my 6 were bought at Vans and on the sales side I was happy. Service dept. was another story.

Eddie44    38
Eddie44

I bought an S-10 for one of my Sons yrs ago. Swore I'd never go back. Unfortunately I did go back.  They promised what they couldn't deliver and Neil I threatened the GM with a law suit they finally bit the bullet.  

Id add that one Son dated the GM's Daughter. He is a decent guy but the dealership is a typical Van Tyle dealership. They are the biggest high pressure dealers.  Most folks don't realize how many dealers in town are Van Tyle.

Extender32    41
Extender32

I bought GS from Findlay in Las Vegas after I got the run around from VAN.

HOXXOH    48
HOXXOH

I couldn't get Sands or Lou Grubb (now AutoNation) to even give me a price, probably because I wanted to order rather than buy off the lot.. Midway was higher than Van's, but they at least offered a test drive. I checked online with Les Stanford (#4 on the list) and got such a good price, it paid for my flight and the gas and hotels for the 30 day and 5,500 mile trip back to Phoenix.

JohnU    20
JohnU
2 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

I checked online with Les Stanford (#4 on the list) and got such a good price, it paid for my flight and the gas and hotels for the 30 day and 5,500 mile trip back to Phoenix.

I drove by Stanford's a couple of weeks ago when visiting the Ford Museum/Rouge Plant.  I had to chuckle..... A Chevy dealer at the north end of the Ford Museum Complex and when being bused to the plant for a tour, the rail skid next to the plant, had a load of new Corvettes (under their covers) on multiple carriers ....probably heading to Stanford's! 

JohnU    20
JohnU

I'm guessing a lot of locals wander into Van's with their trophy wife and have her find a Corvette that matches her fingernail polish and have her drive it home.   Still cheaper then going to Penske for a drop-top Bentley.

az57chevy    8
az57chevy

Well at least you'd have some touch up paint available that way!:P

Two Fangs    27
Two Fangs
On 8/8/2017 at 5:06 PM, Eddie44 said:

Most folks don't realize how many dealers in town are Van Tyle.

There are no Van Tuyl dealers in town, and haven't been for a while.  They are all owned by Warren Buffet's Berkshire-Hathaway now.

Ted Y    96
Ted Y
13 minutes ago, Two Fangs said:

There are no Van Tuyl dealers in town, and haven't been for a while.  They are all owned by Warren Buffet's Berkshire-Hathaway now.

Same methods and pressure?

Two Fangs    27
Two Fangs
21 minutes ago, Ted Y said:

Same methods and pressure?

My understanding is no, but car dealers are like Applebee's.

Someone's awesome experience is often followed by someone else's experience that is totally negative and they're both right.

Chameleon    65
Chameleon

Years ago Van's service writer advised me that I needed my C5 tires rotated - 17s/18s with directional tires.

Guess I looked like a clueless woman with a Corvette to him, he seemed surprised when I cancelled my service appointment. :lol

• Haha 1