First GS Vette

RobertAshby

RobertAshby

Greetings from Glendale AZ !

Picking up my new 2018 Ceramic matrix grey Grand Sport 2LT Monday Aug 7th. Black wheels n badges along with PDR.

Sold my Pontiac Solstice with Ls3 , t56, BC coilovers etc to move up into the Corvette of my dreams !

Would like to add AA procharger one day...

IMG_20170724_121743066.jpg

Screenshot_20170724-085735.png

2 hours ago, RobertAshby said:

Would like to add AA procharger one day...

I believe A&A only sells Vortec brand SC.   Edelbrock seems to have a nice system that's gets along with our high summer temps. And I believe they have a water to air inner cooler closed system. 

Its a slippery slope to modify our vehicles. 

MY 2 cents is to Buy the fastest stock car you can afford and be done with it. 

SLAMMER?

• Thanks 1

RobertAshby

Sorry, meant the AA Vortec. . . . I put $60K in performance upgrades in my last car ! Got carried away . .  And lost plenty in sale to get this car started.

3 hours ago, RobertAshby said:

Sorry, meant the AA Vortec. . . . I put $60K in performance upgrades in my last car ! Got carried away . .  And lost plenty in sale to get this car started.

I'm  a member of the heavily modified club too!

its only money, and you can't take it with you!

enjoy your new car as long as you can before you start the mad mods road to hell. 

SLAMMER?

Beautiful vette.  I love the white/black and can't wait to see it at one of our meets.  The C7 GS is up there as one of the best.

RobertAshby

Well I'm up the creek . . . 

After being assured there were no problems with seams I signed papers.

Days go by and I ask them to check again. NOW they find a small chip on bumper. They want to order the bumper delivered to my local dealer to be done as I have signed all papers, put huge down payment, had tags changed, sent $2000 non refundable deposit to Xpel to coat car. Now stuck with front bumper Xpel to bring home and have done later. Bought many new Chevy's but never had this type of problem. A couple of washers could space the bumper down, pennies to fix at factory, millions to repair later - sounds a bit stupid.

So much for new car, feeling ! 

Take a deep breath. They'll get it right or we'll sick Ed on them. :lol 

COOL ride. Can't wait to see that new color in person ...

• Thanks 1

RobertAshby

It may be fixed before I get there, they are hard on it ! My pics didn't show problem but it "appeared" all of the sudden. Lifted paint near headlight, driver's side. I know it has happened with more miles to others. I have 4 miles on odo and haven't even picked it up. 

Looks like I'm being taken care of, as I should be !

20170804_160103.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Xpel factory installer, Ryan Kates told us a day and a half but 4 days later took Police to get car back with nothing completed. What was done has to be removed. He tried to use stingay wrap on GS I think. Told him 2018 GS but don't think it fits right. Install is so bad, pissed my new car with under a hundred miles on it at the time, looks like crap now.

So sorry to hear of the problems with your new GS.  :(

You might consider talking to Shane at Shane's Tint and Clear Bra in Peoria  https://shanestintandclearbra.com/ to see if he can undo what was done incorrectly and apply a quality protectant.

Shane has done 4 full front clear bras for me over the years, and has also applied clear bras to Corvettes belonging to friends of mine.  Shane carries quality products, provides excellent customer service, and stands behind his work.  It won't cost you anything but a bit of time to talk with him about your GS.  He may be able to make it right. . .

• Upvote 1

Seems like if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.    It'll all settle down with fun times to come!    :atwitsend:

Has be

en fantastic since I left Berglund Chevrolet. They were excellent, extremely friendly, and done fairly quick. That was Roanoke VA and we've made it to Oklahoma City today. Have done over 1400 miles so far ! Big Fun except the rain this morning in Jackson TN when we left this morning.

Do they still want the oil changed within the first 500 miles? Mine came with the two free oil changes plus the 500 mile one.