Radiator repair

irishlaw3

I live in the east valley(Gilbert) and was looking for a reasonably priced shop in my area. My radiator hose leaked (tried a new clamp) and the temps are still pretty high. Heard a hissing coming from that area. Ran over a plastic bag about a week ago, didn't notice any issues before that, and I'm not sure if both fans are running (found a piece of the bag on a fan) With the summer already here I didn't want to let it linger. 

94transamgt

I would recommend Joe at CPR for an east valley shop to work on a late model. If you just need a hose replace might be a DIY project and I would be willing to assist you ,if you would wanted to give it a shot.

Check see if that hissing is coming from the surge tank, pretty common on the C5 for those to crack. Crack = loss of pressure=higher temps

I'd more bet to remedy the temps you need to clean the radiator and condenser. Scary the muck that gets sucked into those 

• Upvote 1

My C5, just a year ago, had a micro crack on the driver side radiator tank neck where the upper hose connects. Those end caps are plastic and can crack with age. 

I ended up doing the whole cooling system at ~85K+ miles. Rad, water pump, hoses, belts, pulleys. The overflow tank's "t" connector cracked just a year or two before the rad also. 

Check all that stuff!!

• Upvote 1

if the leak appears to come from where the hose connects, the hose is most likely delaminating from the inside. I would replace it just in case.