Synlube????? For real?

Guest badbobs95

Bromley's Corvettes

Its funny to see how crazy guys get about oil lol. I remember a tread on hear years ago lol.

Back in the day stuff like this was direct marketing, door to door, and usually done by some guy in his pickup truck with a really cool camper shell on it.

Not seeing any research or chemical analysis here, I'd almost bet this is nothing more than just standard full synthetic oil with detergents which has been rebranded.  Under normal conditions, you can't break down a full synth oil, merely pollute it; change the filter at regular intervals and there you go.  By the time someone would rack up enough miles with this stuff, possibly have an issue worth pursuing under a warranty, you'd never see a dime after going through the chase and the courts.  Not to mention, most folks don't keep their vehicles that long.

Smoke and mirrors man, smoke and mirrors

Extender32

I don't know Bob, why don't you order some and them give us a full detailed report?

18 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

my favorite is the website that looks like it was built on a gameboy. 

My Eyes!!!

Guest badbobs95
17 hours ago, Drewstein said:

My Eyes!!!

I'm starting to believe it's bull stuff. I'm just looking for the best because of all the crap I've read about Mobile 1 being only 35% synthetic and the term"full synthetic" only means up to 35% synthetic! You can't believe anything anymore. I think I'll just go with Amsoil Signature Series or maybe Mosul.

It's like the term "bonded leather".  In the luggage world they adopted it to mean at least 3% leather.  That means 97% fake leather.

4 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

I'm starting to believe it's bull stuff. I'm just looking for the best because of all the crap I've read about Mobile 1 being only 35% synthetic and the term"full synthetic" only means up to 35% synthetic! You can't believe anything anymore. I think I'll just go with Amsoil Signature Series or maybe Mosul.

I just changed my oil at about 17% life remaining. Looked beautiful and clean.

I use Castrol's synthetic.

Guest badbobs95
18 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

I just changed my oil at about 17% life remaining. Looked beautiful and clean.

I use Castrol's synthetic.

Thanks, First off, it's not about price or frequency of changes. I just want what's best for my baby. I even replace parts for no apparent reason. She's a spoiled little BRAT! Pampered and smothered in Liquid Glass. :bananaparty:

On 5/20/2017 at 5:26 AM, badbobs95 said:

Thanks, First off, it's not about price or frequency of changes. I just want what's best for my baby. I even replace parts for no apparent reason. She's a spoiled little BRAT! Pampered and smothered in Liquid Glass. :bananaparty:

Between GM and Mobil, they spent more money doing testing to ensure what works best for the engines GM builds, than the gross annual income of those boutique oil companies. The question is: Who you gonna trust? The people who built the car and provided a warranty or the guy hawking his stuff on a website?

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:36 AM, badbobs95 said:

My favorite is "Made with 100% Chicken" which means yes it's made with chicken, but it doesn't all have to be chicken.  Chicken can be a small portion of all the ingredients but that chicken must be 100%, the rest can be filler and garbage.  How does that even pass an approval process?

Desertdawg

I'm with Sean. Castrol is what I've used since c5 days. 

I think the Mobil and GM partnership was more about money than what works best. 

Do I even need oil? It seems like extra weight I could avoid if I just drained it. Thoughts? 

^ Ted, GM suggests adding a quart if we are going to race the car. Maybe they want us all to be 1 quart heavier so the factory team can beat us. You may be onto something....big grin.