C5 aftermarket seats for my FRC

scottcolbath

scottcolbath

Who is running non-OEM seats in their C5?

What you got?

Do you like it?

What are things I have to consider when buying seats?

I'm looking at it being about time for either a rebuild of the bottom of my driver seat, and a new leather back, or just saying "fuggit" and putting in some Sparcos or other brand. I don't need fancypants performance things, only something that fits my wookiee sized body. Head room will be a concern. Stock seats work for me. I read that Sparcos brackets can raise the seat way up high. So, can some non-sparco mounting mechanism be used? What about other brands and fitment?

S.C.

I have C6Z seats, love them.  I'll be at hot dogs this Saturday if you want to sit in them.

Good luck. I've been searching for seats for a long time. There are few that will fit well enough to go all the way back. If you're tall, that's an issue. You'll also need new seat rails. Mounting anything on the factory rails will raise your sight line. I don't have anything against C6 seats, but the seat base is flat. If you want side bolsters for performance driving, your choices are few. 

Guest badbobs95
On 4/25/2017 at 3:13 PM, Drewstein said:

I have C6Z seats, love them.  I'll be at hot dogs this Saturday if you want to sit in them.

I want to set in them! 

joe@cpr.com

I just did Corbeau evolution x's in mine and like them a lot. They were meant for a c5/6 deletes power seats which I wanted to save weight. And are a fixed back but have a recline to them. 

12 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

I just did Corbeau evolution x's in mine and like them a lot. They were meant for a c5/6 deletes power seats which I wanted to save weight. And are a fixed back but have a recline to them. 

Good to hear you like them. They look like a great option.

Drewstein

Bob and I did some investigation and the C6 seats can go on C5 rails.  I'm not going to shill for him but he's cheap and easy.