Off to Yuma for the day/evening

scottcolbath

scottcolbath

I'm heading out there to shoot the Marines WTI event. Big-ass Helos landing at Kiwanis park, and other shit.

I'm also going to stop by and visit the guy I bought my Vette from. Nice guy. We have stayed in touch. I think he will be happy to see the car looks as good, or better than when I took it off his hands.

Any Yuma guys here interested in hanging out at Kiwanis park starting around 4:00 today?

S.C.

scottcolbath

OK. Long day. Up at 4:30, didn't get home and in bed until 12:30. The sky at the base is a motherfucker. Some shots you get a bit of color. Others, it's just white garbage.

F-5. Same aircraft used in Top Gun as the "Mig" the bad guys flew. They use them during WTI as an aggressor against the F-18.

A45A0672-XL.jpg

I love me a bit of Osprey.

A45A0688-2-XL.jpg

A45A0727-2-XL.jpg

F-35. Not exactly sure what they had going on. I'll have to ask one of my aviation nerd friends.

A45A0747-2-XL.jpg

The Bell U1-H Super Huey.

A45A0991-2-XL.jpg

I have more work to do. I have a bunch of CH-53 shots done at a different location, but haven't really gone through them yet.

S.C.

• Upvote 1

scottcolbath

BTW, Fred, my Vette's former owner is quite a moorhead. When I went to look at the car back in 2014, he had a 56 Chevy, 59 Vette and a super sanitary 34 Ford custom glass car. Now he has a 32 and 31 ford, the 56 is gone, but he still has the 59 Vette. His daily driver is a Mustang Cobra. Here's his nice little 32.

S.C.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. 

I kept an an eye out for ya on I-8 out here but never saw you. 

Good thing to since I was going to moon you. 

Thanks for the pics.... F5's are a funny little bird, they have a 2 position nose strut that must be raised prior to takeoff to increase the AOA and provide increased lift to the wing.

scottcolbath
20 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. 

I kept an an eye out for ya on I-8 out here but never saw you. 

Good thing to since I was going to moon you. 

Ha! Next time maybe meet me at Dog Haus for a heart attack starter kit.

IMG_20170421_202521570-XL.jpg

S.C.

sorry I couldn't meet up with you there, with work and father-in-law in the hospital its been crazy lately. our aggressor squadron is definitely second to none, at the last airshow they said they were piloted by a mix of pilots from different branches of the military and one British pilot. since the dealership Is right on the opposite side of the runway from mcas Yuma I get to see them taking off and landing all the time, sure the f35s are new but those tiger2s are just flat out bad ass