CANCELLED - AUG - Escape the Heat - Saturday, August 19th CANCELLED

Chameleon

2 hours ago, Photos said:

Add us, we think the Beaver Street Brewery is just fantastic. This will be our first event with you guys. Hello all!

:welcome: to :ACE:

You're on the list.  Look forward to meeting you on the cruise!

Guest badbobs95

As much as I want to drive, I can't go that far from home for lots of reasons mainly the Chemo crap side effects. Now I'm just hoping to go to Prescott show but not sure about that either. :ack

3 hours ago, badbobs95 said:

As much as I want to drive, I can't go that far from home for lots of reasons mainly the Chemo crap side effects. Now I'm just hoping to go to Prescott show but not sure about that either. :ack

:( You will be missed.  Hope things take a turn for the better very soon!

coconut girl
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Chameleon said:

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Chameleon said:

Aloha Donna

Myself, my brother Scott and my Niece Trista & her husband want to go. Three cars...two vettes and a Camaro.

We will meet you at our normal place which is #1 below.

What time do you think you will be zooming by?

I will PM you my cell.

Absolutely!   

From Prescott Valley, Hwy 69  to Hwy 169 to I-17 north to Camp Verde.  There you pick up Hwy 260 East.  Hwy 260 runs right into Hwy 87, which is our route north at that point.

From the 260/87 junction, you have options. . .

1.  Wait at the 260/87 junction (there is a big wide spot on the northbound side of Hwy 87) and join us as we zoom by;

2.  Go south on 87 approximately 22 miles into Payson; the group will be making a rest stop there;

3.  Go south on 87 to Strawberry (5 miles) or Pine (8 miles) and join us as we zoom by.

Hwy 87 between 260 and Payson has some nice twisties and scenery. :scareddriver:

If you are going to participate for sure, please send me a PM.  We can exchange cell numbers and I can share more details with you before the cruise.  

Hope you can make it!  :ACE:

coconut girl
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Vetteguy22 said:

I might be able to make this one. I'm in Prescott Valley. Is there somewhere that I can meet up with you guys on your way up?

thanks,

Rob

Aloha Rob

I live in Prescott and we have three cars going Saturday.

We plan to meet the group at 260 & 87.

Do you want to meet up with us in PV somewhere?

We plan to meet my niece at the Maverick at the Prescott Country Club.

Just need to figure out what time.

2 hours ago, coconut girl said:

Aloha Rob

I live in Prescott and we have three cars going Saturday.

We plan to meet the group at 260 & 87.

Do you want to meet up with us in PV somewhere?

We plan to meet my niece at the Maverick at the Prescott Country Club.

Just need to figure out what time.

That would be great meeting at Maverick. Just let me know what time.

thanks,

Rob

Donna, I am planning on attending but I am also on call for work this weekend so I might bail on you at the last minute if my phone rings.

53 minutes ago, old yeller said:

Donna, I am planning on attending but I am also on call for work this weekend so I might bail on you at the last minute if my phone rings.

Understood, hope you can make It!

coconut girl
15 hours ago, Vetteguy22 said:

That would be great meeting at Maverick. Just let me know what time.

thanks,

Rob

Aloha Rob

If my math is right we need to leave the Maverick around 8:45 am to make it to the meet up spot at 260 & 87 by 10:00 am.

I like to be a little early to make sure we don't miss the main group as they zoooom by.

Donna's group expects to leave Payson at 9:45 am and it will take them 30 mins according to Google...but I m sure they will make it quicker than that.

Per Google Map

Prescott Group - Maverick to 260 & 87 = 1 hour

Donna's Group - Payson to 260 & 87 = 30 minutes

Pop Quiz

If a group of Corvettes leaves Payson at 9:45 going the speed limit and another group of two Corvettes and a Camaro going the

speed limit leaves the Maverick in PV at 8:45 am what time will they both arrive at Hwy 260 & 87?

Bromley's Corvettes

Good to no the roads messed up thats my favorite way to go to Flag on the bike and sometimes my 81 black beauty. I feel same the other ways suck boring and lots of traffic and slow drivers. 

To look on the bright side, there's still hanging out with BadBob at Corvettes and Caddies on Sat instead.

I am really bummed.  This has been an annual event for several years now and it has always been a blast.

I have ideas for a couple of other cruises, but they longer distance/more time, meaning it would be more of an "all day" activity rather than a cruise to lunch/buzz home kind of thing.  I will see what I can come up with.  Maybe set something up for after the Prescott show.