Can you guess what fun I had this morning?

TheCMSH

Little garage time is never a bad thing, just inconvenient timing. I treated her a little rough this morning.....she likes that

IMG_3288.JPG

Ha! I deserve that..... Though I have been commuting a few days a week with it

Surge tank, pinhole leak in the TOP of the damn thing. I've seen cracked units but never that one

6 hours ago, Azmotorhead said:

Nevermind wrong silver car

It's Pooter, not Silver.  Get it right or you'll offend The Comish!

scottcolbath
On 4/15/2017 at 10:59 AM, TheCMSH said:

Ha! I deserve that..... Though I have been commuting a few days a week with it

Surge tank, pinhole leak in the TOP of the damn thing. I've seen cracked units but never that one

That happened to mine, right there the top is sealed with the side. $70 for a new tank and done.

S.C.

On 4/16/2017 at 4:17 PM, Dvl4evr said:

It's Pooter, not Silver.  Get it right or you'll offend The Comish!

Pooter is THE only color. :cool

S.C.

1 hour ago, scottcolbath said:

That happened to mine, right there the top is sealed with the side. $70 for a new tank and done.

S.C.

Pooter is THE only color. :cool

S.C.

That's more the typical location, where the top piece marries up to the bottom tank, or a crack at the bottom where the fittings are.  This was a pinhole dead top, in the black cap, almost in line with the surge cap.  Never seen or heard of that one but at 134K on the odo I suppose some odd stuff will start happening.  I got the new AC Delco tank off Amazon, $78 and I have free Prime shipping to boot; pretty slick and I didn't have to put on my pants to go out in public.  Double win!  :lol 

I've been there also but why oh why did mine cost 3 times what yours did? Looks like fun........NOT! I almost hate messing with coolant.

scottcolbath
On 4/21/2017 at 9:03 AM, TheCMSH said:

That's more the typical location, where the top piece marries up to the bottom tank, or a crack at the bottom where the fittings are.  This was a pinhole dead top, in the black cap, almost in line with the surge cap.  Never seen or heard of that one but at 134K on the odo I suppose some odd stuff will start happening.  I got the new AC Delco tank off Amazon, $78 and I have free Prime shipping to boot; pretty slick and I didn't have to put on my pants to go out in public.  Double win!  :lol 

Mmmmmm. That is an odd location.

S.C.

Maybe you can modify a wine cask for duty,I’m sure you can find one lying around LOL

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, y2krtaf said:

Maybe you can modify a wine cask for duty,I’m sure you can find one lying around LOL

HaHa!

16 hours ago, y2krtaf said:

Winner!!!