I miss ...

Desertdawg

Having our little dysfunctional family on here. 

Thanks f*~king FB for ruining the online experience.

With that being said: I like to grill in the nude  

The times, they are a changing. Forums use to be the only way to socialize. Unfortunately, that just isn't true now.  There have been near 70 new registrations here since January... That's more, on average, than the FB group gets !!  And having ACEholes link to the forums definitely helps drive traffic here.  Most of the FB group posts are one-timers selling stuff, soliciting, etc.  The REAL ACEholes are still congregating here.

With that said... what's the storage situation? If we continue uploading photos, space will continue to be an issue.  There's options for remote storage under Amazon S3, but it's not free.  Maybe the IPB folks can grow ours for a small(er) fee??

I much prefer our forum over FB any day.  new topics are easy to find and if you need help or have a question, you always have the option to look in any of the other categories for an answer.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, theChad said:

With that said... what's the storage situation? If we continue uploading photos, space will continue to be an issue.  There's options for remote storage under Amazon S3, but it's not free.  Maybe the IPB folks can grow ours for a small(er) fee??

I'll post to the admins about it. 

Bromley's Corvettes

I been on hear about 10 years and I dont miss the aceholes that use to be on all day everyday lol. I do miss the forum being more active. FB just faster and easier to up load pix and videos and no limit on size and its always been a problem on hear. I post new pix and videos on my FB all the time and I am not Mr computer geek lol.

Final Effort

REAL ACEholes are still congregating here.

Im proud to be in that category.

I use FB for family stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
wickedfastvette

I miss all of our forum fights.......................

I've found Facebook traffic with my peeps way down since the election. Too much "fake news"...Ted Nugent was killed etc. etc. has dulled the real info.  Two "snowflakes" unfriended me after the election.... all of a sudden they could not handle the sparring anymore. One's wife hauled him off line for calling their relatives names over it.

Specific topic groups like vettes and ace-holes continue on!    If your not driving RED...... you must be color blind!

Desertdawg
18 hours ago, wickedfastvette said:

I miss all of our forum fights.......................

You do not ................ :P

wickedfastvette
7 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

You do not ................ :P

Yes I do :ack   And where did all our emoticons go???

3 hours ago, wickedfastvette said:

Yes I do :ack   And where did all our emoticons go???

They're all there still, plus more... they're just categorized. You'll only see your recently used, and the first few of each category by default, but select a specific category, and you'll see them all.  General, Signs, and Large.

Edit: you're != your

JLs Mistress
On 5/1/2017 at 2:50 PM, JohnU said:

I've found Facebook traffic with my peeps way down since the election. Too much "fake news"...Ted Nugent was killed etc. etc. has dulled the real info.  Two "snowflakes" unfriended me after the election.... all of a sudden they could not handle the sparring anymore. One's wife hauled him off line for calling their relatives names over it.

Specific topic groups like vettes and ace-holes continue on!    If your not driving RED...... you must be color blind!

I am color blind that does answer a lot of questions ...thought I was driving a red corvette John.

Drewstein

FB is garbage and I'm glad I don't have one.  The forums are much better for everything.  Long live ACE!

Chameleon

I don't do the FB thing. :ack

I still enjoy this forum.

I miss the GBB, the Laughlin Run, detail days, Corvette Saturdays, and mass ACE attendance at the Prescott Corvette show. . .

joe@cpr.com

I post cool stuff on here all the time but barely get any responses... I'm at least trying. 

John, when you are color blind you can drive any color vette you want, any day that you want!

Donna, what was Corvette Saturday?

Since the "garage" I now pay taxes on is just west of the Pavillion, l'll  play point for an Ace Gathering on Corvette night at the Pavillion.  The first Saturday in June is on the 3rd.  I'll be in town playing Bob Vila with a paint brush starting mid-May. 

Two options:  early afternoon show then walk to the pizza joint to the west or drive over to Talking Stick for eats or ?  I could head over in the morning and rope off an area if they'll let me.  I know the lot is filling up at noon in the winter .....not sure about the summer habits?

Option B:  Meet up for an early dinner then visit the show and park wherever.

What say you?

12 hours ago, JohnU said:

John, when you are color blind you can drive any color vette you want, any day that you want!

Donna, what was Corvette Saturday?

Since the "garage" I now pay taxes on is just west of the Pavillion, l'll  play point for an Ace Gathering on Corvette night at the Pavillion.  The first Saturday in June is on the 3rd.  I'll be in town playing Bob Vila with a paint brush starting mid-May. 

Two options:  early afternoon show then walk to the pizza joint to the west or drive over to Talking Stick for eats or ?  I could head over in the morning and rope off an area if they'll let me.  I know the lot is filling up at noon in the winter .....not sure about the summer habits?

Option B:  Meet up for an early dinner then visit the show and park wherever.

What say you?

WHOS BOB VILA? ? And why do you want to play him?

SLAMMER?

Chameleon

@JohnU, Corvette Saturday was a group wrenching session. A member would have a project (e.g. install headers, brake job, interior upgrade), and would post up the coming project. Other members would show up to help, offer advice or just point and laugh. Home address was usually shared by PM.

Pavillions in Summer is more of an evening event; when I go I rarely get there before 7pm. However, there are members here who could chime in with more current and accurate information about when the cars start rolling in this time of year. GUYS, WHAT SAY YOU??

Both of your suggestions are good.  I say pick one, and start a thread in the events section! 

Slammer asks:  Who's Bob Vila.   Come on, a craftsman who his not heard of Bob Vila!!!  He was the face of the TV show "This Old House" for years.  He was also a spokesperson for Craftsman tools.  I guess the younger generation missed out on a few of the original reality shows of yesteryear that BabBob and I watched in our impressionable days.

There was Bob and his "sidekick" Norm.     "Tool Time" with Tim Allen was a comedy parity of these two

https://www.bobvila.com/projects#.WQoDR8a1uMo

bob.jpgbob-vila-featured.jpg