Muffler Rattle

suprone

So I've got this annoying rattle near the rear left side passenger quarter.

After going underneath and checking it out, its the exhaust pipe coming out

of the headers where it connect to the rear just in front of the wheels. 

Looks like the tack welds broke loose. Easy fix!

I take it to my neighborhood Midas, they lift it up then come and get me!

oh no, this can't be good! Well Mr. Lamar we've found the problem but we can't fix it!

Great! Why? Well... you don't have cats and due to the "National Muffler Association"

(I made that up) we can't legally touch it! Great! So what do I do now?

Take it to Manuel's Muffler Shop or do any of you know somebody who knows somebody

who can help me out?

insatiableOne

is it stainless or steel there?

Just noticed you in Phoenix, I am in tucson though. Ifyou cannot find someone. 

I have an industrial size welder.  Happy to help you out.  Just need to know would have to get some stainless wire. Have many decades welding most metals. 

Try B&M muffler at 91st and Van Buren.  They have done work for me in the past on my GTO and G8.  If anything, you can put hi flow cats on and it won't cost an arm & leg to do it either.

94transamgt

I had the same problem with both of my corsa mufflers (very common) I took them off and brought just the muffler to a shop and they welded it for 20 dollars. Any shop should be able to do it if you take the muffler off.

3 hours ago, Bromley's Corvettes said:

OMG the cat police lol.

I think Doug can weld exhaust but don't quote me on that :lol 

If you're on the west side, there's a muffler/exhaust shop south of I-10 and the 101 that can probably take care of it. I think they are called "Muffler Masters" but not positive. Young guy runs the place and took care of a few things with me no problems or questions asked.

Yeah, here it is:

Address: 9950 W Van Buren St #108, Avondale, AZ 85323
Phone: (623) 374-3558

Take it to Pro Muffler 8615 W Kelton Ln Ste 306 in northwest Phoenix.  Those guys have worked with me in the past on things that might have skirted the letter of the law just a little bit, and they do great work.

If you used titanium muffler bearings to start with you wouldn't have a problem. 

JLs Mistress
On 4/14/2017 at 3:47 PM, Two Fangs said:

Take it to Pro Muffler 8615 W Kelton Ln Ste 306 in northwest Phoenix.  Those guys have worked with me in the past on things that might have skirted the letter of the law just a little bit, and they do great work.

I would like to second Pro Muffler they checked my exhaust for leaks and  then tack welded my BB for me . then said no charge . WOW ! . But I gave them a $ 30.00 tip.. If there was a ACE go to list for repairs this place should be on it..:thumbs