New to ACE

EZ1

Hi, my name is Eric, just wanted to introduce myself. I plan on making events and hanging out with the coolest cars in or out of production and their enthusiasts! This is my 2nd Vette, I had a 1999 C5 for several years and recently purchased a 2005 with lots of mods!

Looking forward to meeting you and enjoying some road time with these beauties!

20170330_104903.jpg

Welcome to the herd from Avondale.  Come out to corvettes and caddies Sat April 15th, in Chandler.

11 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

welcome! what does it have done to it?

Hey Joe,

402 stroked crank was added, cam, MSD Intake, Hurricane Cold Air, American Racing Headers, Corsa Exhaust with high flow cats. It dynos at 498 to the rear wheels. I am looking for a tuner to get it tuned for AZ elevation as it came from Denver and is being temperamental.

LS_333212_950175.jpg

scottcolbath
On 4/7/2017 at 7:06 AM, EZ1 said:

Hey Joe,

402 stroked crank was added, cam, MSD Intake, Hurricane Cold Air, American Racing Headers, Corsa Exhaust with high flow cats. It dynos at 498 to the rear wheels. I am looking for a tuner to get it tuned for AZ elevation as it came from Denver and is being temperamental.

LS_333212_950175.jpg

Call me stupid, but why isn't the technology wrapped up in these cars able to make the adjustments/compensation? It seems that if the oxygen sensor is sniffing more oxygen, it can increase the squirt of fuel, and whatever else needs to be done to run at the lower altitude.

Or, maybe down at this altitude, the injectors can't keep up with demand. Maybe a larger volume injector is needed.

Oh, and welcome to the monkey house, Eric.

S.C.

The factory tune is looking for specific parameters of the original engine. Outside of that, it can not compensate without adjusting all the tables manually, etc.

scottcolbath
18 hours ago, Ted Y said:

The factory tune is looking for specific parameters of the original engine. Outside of that, it can not compensate without adjusting all the tables manually, etc.

Ah, so you are literally off the charts. The 'pooter doesn't have the information to compensate for all this awesome oxygen down here.

S.C.