C5 FRC/Z06 drip rail repair - LEAKING!

AZhitman

Hey guys - I've got the dreaded interior leak, assuming my drip rails weren't installed properly.

Thankfully, they're not broken or cracked, but I need to get this fixed.  Don't need my 39k mile Z06 smelling like boiled assholes.

Do we have someone experienced and recommended to do this kind of work?

TIA

Guest badbobs95

Hey Greg, if you can find the time to bring it over, Sunday is OK or any other day, I would be glad to try and find the problem. I'll be here all next week detailing a customers car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mr. Bob!

She's over at ELite getting some paint work done... but I'd love to have some help figuring it out.  I'll touch base as soon as she's done in the shop!

Guest badbobs95
8 hours ago, AZhitman said:

Hey Mr. Bob!

She's over at ELite getting some paint work done... but I'd love to have some help figuring it out.  I'll touch base as soon as she's done in the shop!

That's fine, my work never ends.

scottcolbath

I'm  not familiar with this problem. What are the details?

S.C.

C5 FRC / Z06 are known to leak, especially after a windshield replacement, because of improper removal or reinstallation of the molding that runs along the sides of the windshield and up over the roof.

Let me know if I got that right, guys?

Yes, that is the leak along the front of the doors. The famous Two Fangs just stopped my leaking a-pillars. 

scottcolbath

I don't have this problem now, but I'm pondering a new windshield down the road. I'll keep this in mind.

S.C.