Corvette get together/car show-San Tan Flats

chas4570

All you kido's, listen up.  I have a really cool customer at my Home Depot.  He owns Minder Binders and San Tan Flats.  Spent a lot of time talking to the gentleman yesterday.  REALLY cool guy.  Was the secretary to Ronald Reagan at one time.  Anyways, he showed interest in having a Corvette show at the San Tan Flats location, before the extreme heat sets in.  There Is ample space to set the cars and the location is cool.  A Saturday would work real well if only for the fact a live music/band will be there in the evening and the food is awesome.  Would be a long day, but might be fun.  I am aware a large number of the group resides on the west side of the valley and beyond, but what do you all think?  If there is interest, I will pursue, but at some point, a solid commitment from us will be needed for him to commit and promote the event.   

Feedback appreciated.

Chazzle Dazzle. :burnout

Distance doesn't really matter too much to me, that's what vetts are for.

15 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Distance doesn't really matter too much to me, that's what vetts are for.

Thank's for the positive comment.  Kind'a think this would be a good time.  Atmosphere is great, food is great and the music is cool.  Owner was extremely interested in the possibility of the event.

Chazzle Dazzle :burnout

Guest badbobs95
8 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

We had a lunch there a few years back, I'd go back again

WOW! How time flies eh? It is a cool place so I'm in. I like to drive and I like to eat so why not?

On 3/24/2017 at 10:08 PM, TheCMSH said:

We had a lunch there a few years back, I'd go back again

Why? Is there a winery there?

• 2 weeks later...

I might be persuaded to attend a car show. Close to home too. Let us know.

Chas,

Several members have expressed interest.  We had an event at this location in the past with good attendance. 

However, no one can commit to an event before it is established.

The only way this event will ever become a reality is if you work with the owner to pick a date and time a few weeks in the future that doesn't conflict with other events, and then create a new event post with the details of date, time, location, etc. here on ACE, and also add to the ACE calendar.

Give members time to post up their intent to participate, which will enable you to give the owner a rough headcount about a week out.

Please see the current event thread for the ACE lunch in May at Slick's for an example of how this process works.

47 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

If you plan it, they will come

Most of us do, but you always seem to be MIA.:lol