C6Z Head Swap @ AHP *WITH* GMPP?

HOTXFIL

Looking for feedback from anyone who's had their C6Z heads swapped/repaired at American Heritage Performance and had GMPP cover part of the cost.

I have a GMPP on my '08 C6Z that expires early next year.  Never used it for anything, and wouldn't mind getting some ROI.  In the course of my research and talking to Kohle from AHP, he says that GMPP will cover guide replacement, valve job, and associated parts and labor (presuming the valves fail the wiggle test), but not intake valve treatment, new exhaust valves, or ARP bolts.  Kohle also told me that he's had 9 Z06 owners to date drive out to his shop from AZ for the work.

Searched the forums and only found threads from ZZZ0006 using AHP.  He says he had a GMPP but didn't mention that he used it to defray the cost of the head repair.

Any of those other 8 folks on the forums here?  If so, any feedback for me, particularly, how much you came out of pocket after GMPP coverage, good place to stay (if you stayed overnight and drove back the next day), anything else that might be helpful or useful?

Thanks--

Mike

I remember a father & son that ran @ Gila Bend both used these AHP, I dont know of ther outcome other than it was not cheap, I did not know about the subsidy, GM stepping up to the plate? I thought there was a class action suit against them for this, maybe that's why the subsidy

https://www.yelp.com/biz/american-heritage-performance-harbor-city

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

joe@cpr.com

I'm a big advocate of wcch heads and that is what we use on all our ls7 builds. I don't see any reason to drive out there when I'm here and have core heads we swap out and can do a 48 hour turnaround. 

13 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

I'm a big advocate of wcch heads and that is what we use on all our ls7 builds. I don't see any reason to drive out there when I'm here and have core heads we swap out and can do a 48 hour turnaround. 

. . . and are you able to accept GMPP coverage to pay for the work you perform? 

If so, what portion of the cost does it cover, and which portion does it not cover?

joe@cpr.com

I work with 3rd party warranty companies all the time. If they are willing to cover a portion of it than absolutely. Portion of cost covered is up to them. 

If you're hearing extra valve train noise and take it to CPR for bad guides, you may have a case.

Hint hint.