Headers are they worth the cost?

Schmitty

I have a 06 base car. Is it worth the money to have long tube headers and x pipe installed along with tune. Run about $2400

Not for that money. You can get them new for a lot less or used for even lower bucks. The install can be done in your garage and can take as little as 3 hours if you're skillful or all day if not. You can also buy a handheld tuner that will suit your purpose for about the same price as a dyno tune by a professional. The ability to self tune allows you to change things without the need to go back to the pro. I only mention this because I assume you won't be racing.

• Downvote 1

JLs Mistress

Steve glad to see you are around long time no see .. I agree with Tom that is toooo much money . Might consider used Z06 manifolds,cats and Xpipe . I haved used that setup on my last two Vettes. Does not give you the HP gain like long tubes but also cost about 300.00 to 500.00 . Tom has also used that setup in the past ..

Almost forgot this question " are they worth it" depends on what your long term plans are. You will notice a difference in performance going with long tubes or the Z06 manifolds ..... 

Another thumbs up for ZO6 manifolds, cats, xpipe, and I did Z mufflers too. 

Hinson is probly ur best bet if u want long tubes. Comes with x pipe and fitment is decent. Run about 800 or so. If not I have z06 h pipe and exhaust for 300 all you'd need is z06 exhaust manifolds. People have gained 20whp going from stock manifolds to z06 stuff 

• 4 weeks later...
chadmac99c5

MINE HAS LG MOTORSPORT LONG TUBES AND X PIPE AND A DYNO TUNE. STOCK RWHP IS ABOUT 381. I'M AT 420 RWHP WITH THIS SETUP

• 2 weeks later...

Try calling Jeremy at GM Experts on University and Dobson (480) 343-5503 I am sure they are less than your quote.   They built a cammed LS3  525+ hp natural motor for my '05 Z51 and did long tube headers, xpipe and hi-flo cats.  Sounds amazing to all who hear it...except for my wife of course.  -Frank

• 4 weeks later...

To me the bang for the buck factor is not very good.  A good intake and tune is a much better value.  But they do sound sick...if that is what you want.

Unless you see a head/cam/intake swap in your future then no... Not worth the cost