CPR Stage 1 C7Z goes bottom 10's

joe@cpr.com

joe@cpr.com

Such a simple setup here and running a killer time! We did another track rental in Tucson and actually had 3 C7z's there this time. All of them are the same in terms of HP mods. Just varying fuel setups. 

This car in the video is on torco 99 fuel, one was 93/meth, another was e54. All ran 10.2-10.3's this day in right at 5k DA. The blue one posted ended up doing the best time of the day with a 10.2 @ 136, btw check out that 60 ft!! 

For those wondering here is what they have for bolt on's. 

Our 2.31 upper pulley, longtubes, cai. This is a setup we can offer 2 day turnaround on and give you an easy bottom 10 second car in junk air or high 9's in low good da. **dang you east coasters!!!**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IM2E278w-Y&feature=youtu.be

received_10154038413712924.jpeg

Dragtimes listed the DA at 4013' (don't know where that 5K came from) and converts the ET to 10.04 at sea level. So you'd need some negative DA to run 9's with that C7 car. It's well known that FI cars gain less difference in power output compared to NA cars with the same DA variations. A NA car running the same 10.247 would be the equivalent of a 9.743 at sea level. Since the calculations for DA use air temperature, humidity, and pressure, anything that changes those values from ambient can increase or decrease the amount of oxygen in the cylinder. Obviously, a supercharger and/or oxygenated fuels can easily add more oxygen in far greater amounts than naturally occur at the highest elevation (8793') dragstrip in the world. Even the wimpy 4 psi boost blower used in 1954-55 Kaisers could compensate for that high altitude difference.

That good 60'  and MPH is pretty much in line with the East coast guys running comparable times. :thumbs All except that farmer guy who closely matched it while being bone stock with only DR's. He also ran 10.43 with a 1.57 60' on OEM runflats. Obviously, that guy can drive.

Why don't you start promoting or selling safety equipment, so your customers can pass tech inspection and run their cars at Wild Horse Pass? Not only would the elevation difference effectively add 1 more pound pressure to the engine, but it'd provide an extra measure of safety to go along with the extra power.

joe@cpr.com

On site station had it at 492x I can't remember exactly when he made that pass Tom what the last  number was, I've seen drag times be off as they pull it from the nearest airport and sometimes it's a ways away from the track. My personal car was down 5 psi from phx with zero belt slip. The Z's were all down 1.5-2. I promote safety but if someone doesn't want to put a cage in their street car than its not happening. You put way to much effort into that post. 

1 minute ago, joe@cpr.com said:

On site station had it at 492x I can't remember exactly when he made that pass Tom. My personal car was down 5 psi from phx with zero belt slip. The Z's were all down 1.5-2. I promote safety but if someone doesn't want to put a cage in their street car than its not happening. You put way to much effort into that post. 

I was going by the time on the timeslip. Dragtimes normally gets their info from the closest airport. The airport indicated the high temperature for that day was only 68* and 62.1* at Noon. Another station closer to the track reported 61.3*. It would have required  77* to get to 5K DA. I'm just saying if you saw a 492x reading, you better not trust that equipment to make changes in the tune, since that's a big error. The simple elevation difference between the Tucson track and WHP is almost exactly 1 psi. (1.0015) If your gauges read otherwise, you had other factors causing the difference.

BTW, cages aren't required for 10.00 and slower. Just rollbars. I wouldn't put a cage in a street car either, but a decent rollbar doesn't interfere with anything and it provides a place to attach the harness.

I was just trying to help you, your customers, and readers on this forum understand the effects of DA and how it affects the differences between FI and NA.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, HOXXOH said:

BTW, cages aren't required for 10.00 and slower. Just rollbars. I wouldn't put a cage in a street car either, but a decent rollbar doesn't interfere with anything and it provides a place to attach the harness.

I was just trying to help you, your customers, and readers on this forum understand the effects of DA and how it affects the differences between FI and NA.

We all know WHP has archaic safety requirements from the times that cars didn't have seatbelts.  The cars are plenty safe in the stage one category and the stage 2 stuff requires a full cage anyways.

This is why we just rent tracks or do 1/2 mile stuff instead.