New Prescott Valley

Vetteguy22

I have recently moved to the Prescott Valley area from Northern CA and am looking for people who like to not only drive their cars but work on them also.

It would be great to find a group of people in the area who like to hang out, chat, tinker or work on their cars for fun.

I have a completely modified 1970 coupe.

It has a tube chassis with a small block gen1 427 putting out 603 hp coupled to a t56 magnum 6 speed.

The suspension is from a 1993 ZR1 with dual adjustable coil overs in each corner.

The brakes are 14" Wilwoods in the front with 6 piston calipers and 13" in the back with 4 piston calipers.

The body is done with L88 flares and hood finished in crystal red metallic and dark gray striping.

Now that it's pretty much done, I've enjoyed taking it to shows and also the road race track.

i was a devisional tech inspector for SCCA up north working at Laguna Seca, Senoma, and Thunder Hill tracks.

Not much in that regard close to me here but sounds like Pheonix has some good places.

Once I finish getting settled and the new car hoist installed I will begin working on a project car for my wife.

Its a Datsun 510 which will receive the motor and trani from a 2005 gto.

Should be a fun build and defiantly a fun driver.

Hope to hear from some new folks.

Thanks,

Rob

Welcome from Peoria!  I tinker, with what limited garage space I have! I still enjoy getting greasy and busting a knuckle once in a while. 

Welcome to ACE!  Your Vette sounds awesome, please post pics!

We sometimes have "Corvette Saturday" where a person with a mechanical project will post up and invite others to come help, supervise, or just point and laugh.  Feel free to instigate such an event.

We also have another member who is a Vette/Datsun guy, AZhitman on this forum. 

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Corvette Saturday sounds like fun.

is their a way to get notification of someone needing help?

after I get my shop settled, I will try to set a date for people to come check it out and just hang out.

Rob

You can load the ACE events calendar into your favorite mobile phone calendar app, or get Twitter/Facebook notifications of events by following ACE. We try to get all the events into the calendar for these reasons. 

Bromley's Corvettes

Welcome and sounds like your 70 is bad ass lets see some pix:) My 80 and my 81 have lots of mods its fun to hot rod vettes make them faster and handle better. Lots of stock ones out there its nice to see custom ones:) 

Thanks,

my wife has an 82 vette that has just over 35,000 original miles. It's like a new car still.

we both love seeing other C3s on the road.

I'll try to get some pics posted.

Bromley's Corvettes

Nice you should stop by my shop sometime check it out. We usually have about 20 or so C-2 and C-3 projects going. Some C-4s and 5s. I also love seeing C-2s and C-3s on the road with some tasteful mods they make a nice fun car:) 

Thanks guys for the kind remarks. It looks like some of you are making a run to Prescott on Saturday the 18th.

Any idea what time you'll be arriving and where.

if it early enough I may try to meet up, unfortunately, I am supposed to go down your direction in the afternoon.

Figures it'd be the same day.

19 hours ago, Vetteguy22 said:

I have posted some pics in my gallery. I will try to post more pics of the build this week.

Nice pics.