FNBADAZ06 finally on a drag strip this weekend

FNBADAZ06

Finally !!!!

Going to take the Z to the track rental this coming Sunday to get the first legit passes on the car in 3+ years, now that I have a working clutch !!!

Going to run on a new set of Hoosiers DR2 drag radials in 315/35/17 on my C5 Z06 17x9.5's. Hope to get the rust shaken off real fast and get accustomed to doing drag style launches again....and just maybe get my high RPM shifting mojo back again.

Hope to G0D it doesn't rain us out on Sunday !!!

Yes, track rental. It already filled up but if you want I can let you know the next one. T-Buc is coming down on Sunday to hang out, if you feel like watching. Me and Mr. Steg have a race between us and Joe has a number of his Alpha Z06's running as well, including Mike who is currently on top of our Fast List.

Successful day for me !!!

I got in 15 runs, including 3 hot lap sessions running back to back to back to back with no engine shut down or cool down to get the ECT temps above 205+ at the start of my runs. I also tried many different launch RPM's, release points, and shift RPM's, to see what the car liked and didn't like. Hit the limiter on 3 occasions (3-4 shift of all shifts !!! I usually hit it during 1-2 or 2-3), ran one pass attempting to reach the traps in 3rd (with my 7350 rev limit), and two instances of the car jumping out of gear on the launch (not sure if it was me so i'm chalking it up to driver error)..

One hot session I lost tach signal, so I made the 4 passes without knowing my revs. I use to shift more by ear when I used to race a lot, but my new full face helmet (muffling my hearing) and my unfamiliarity with the new setup proved fruitless LOL. I've been having an issue with a dragging starter when the car heats up, so I suspect I have another starter or solenoid taking a poop...the symptoms usually shows as a non functional tach and a crank position sensor error.

Best ET 10.718

Best trap 132.78

best 60' 1.57

Dragtimes reported DA ranges from 3800' on my 1st couple of passes around 10:00 a.m. , to well over 4500' near 1:00 p.m.

Not my fastest slips yet, but I think I'll eclipse my PB later in the spring once I find what the car wants and reaquire my driver mods :)

Very cool Victor. Glad to see your back on the track. 

What's Mr. Steg running these days ???

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 4:49 PM, Desertdawg said:

Very cool Victor. Glad to see your back on the track. 

What's Mr. Steg running these days ???

A 2016 Mustang GT automatic.....put a blower and stall in it and has gone 9.9@143 !!!!