New Stable Mate

GOLDCYLON

Picked up a new stable mate in late November. A 90 ZR-1. AZmotorhead has been getting acquainted with her  

084FFE20-7B9D-4D86-ACC5-FF25F6D07806_zps

560B060F-3906-4FFC-9606-C4C8030223B0_zps

Thanks fellers. It's a special car. I picked it up in Snow Hill NC and drove her home with my pop. She's an automatic conversion as the prior owner had a left foot disability and needed to convert the car. Now my wife can drive a ZR-1 as well lol .

9 hours ago, GOLDCYLON said:

Picked up a new stable mate in late November. A 90 ZR-1. AZmotorhead has been getting acquainted with her  

084FFE20-7B9D-4D86-ACC5-FF25F6D07806_zps

AZmotorhead is working on a RED Vette?  Has Hell frozen over?  :smilelol

Beautiful car! :thumbs

• Upvote 2

HELL FREEZING OVER............

FUNNY!!!

Phil has now complete all his sessions and his therapist has now encouraged him to one again work on red cars. 

HAPPY DAYS!

SLAMMER?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JohnU said:

What neighborhood do you find those nice 4 car garages?????

NOPO (North Peoria) its actually a 6 car garage with a bathroom equipped with a beer fridge lol. Standard 2 car garage on one side and a Tandem 4 on the other side. One of the main reasons I moved 2 years ago. Also it has two garage doors on the tandem side so I can drive through to the back yard. The previous owner said "what would you change in here?" I said "not a damn thing" he had the biggest smile to that reply as a lot of tire kickers wanted to enclose it and turn it into more house space. It's still is a far cry from Phil's (AZMOTORHEAD)s garage but his is a working garage and has RV storage for his toys and customers cars. The 2 car side is my wife's area. I told her she can park sideways in there I don't care. The rest is mine.

21 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

How does it drive with the auto conversion ?

Very well. The conversion was done correctly and rated to 550HP and is programmable depending on whether you want economy or performance via its controller hidden in the front passenger side speaker kick board.  It looks like a stock C4 Auto car inside as its rocking the 4L60E transmission. Phil squared away a big issue for me just last month as it was not fully locking into park and engaging the locking pawl. It indicated it was in park but when I had it up on ramps to change out and upgrade the radiator hoses to silicone I found out this was not the case. It shifts well and is a great Monday car to take into work as I work later hours on Mondays vs. the rest of the week so I ride in heavy traffic to and from work on Mondays. My wife thinks its fun. That's good enough for me on a platform I am very familiar with.

15 hours ago, 1991 ZR1 said:

Nice!, I need to test drive this

And..... I will let you. Its a totally different experience. My foot keeps looking for the clutch pedal out of habit. Also now that the Corsa system is on vs. the power effects exhaust its not painful to drive (Whaaattt???) I cant hear you lol.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Chameleon said:

AZmotorhead is working on a RED Vette?  Has Hell frozen over?  :smilelol

Beautiful car! :thumbs

Thanks he said it was ok as it was rocking a white GS stripe. Fully red would have been a group session thing.... With beer.... and Doritos

Painted and it is rough. That is currently being seen to by Ultra Finish of AZ along with a paint job for the roof

• 1 month later...