MONDO is back!!!!

Azmotorhead

Proauto is opening up the MONDO track  the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I'll be at the dunes till Friday but I'm going to try and run Sat and Sunday.

Anyone else care to join me?

What is MONDO and can I race it?

It's the combining of the main track with the Bondurant track.  It's totally tubular!

What is MONDO and can I race it?

Road racing, home boy......you won't like it ;-)

Only part I really dont like is that hard right turn at the end of the drag strip.

Not so much the corner , just those concrete blocks are intimidating

I've never road raced before but have always been intrigued. I drive a car that can drag race, 1/2 mile race, and road race, so why not give it a shot right. I'm not going for records, it's all for fun. I already have an event on Thanksgiving weekend, so maybe the following weekend would be too much for my lil car. We'll see.

Only part I really dont like is that hard right turn at the end of the drag strip.

Not so much the corner , just those concrete blocks are intimidating

Yep...gotta have some balls (and brakes !!!) to come in hot into that corner, which is greater than a 90 degree hard right !!!

Last time out there , I saw a few who cooked their brakes and could not slow and make the turn.....had to navigate those tractor tire obstacle course they had out there. Some of those guys get so engrossed with drag racing someone on the straight and lose their situational and track position awareness .

I've also seen a few crashes into the concrete barrier turning onto the drag strip entry from the burnout box.

I've never road raced before but have always been intrigued. I drive a car that can drag race, 1/2 mile race, and road race, so why not give it a shot right. I'm not going for records, it's all for fun. I already have an event on Thanksgiving weekend, so maybe the following weekend would be too much for my lil car. We'll see.

Brakes and brake fluid....brakes and brake fluid..... brakes...ah, you get the point. :)

It's a total blast......more so than drag racing the car, but WAY more expensive in consumables.

Looks like a blast. I may have to try that once I get all I can get out my combo in the drags.

Last time I ran it there wasnt tires at the ends of the walls (at least I dont recall seeing them).

I did put the left 2 off on exit of that corner.

Thing to remember is if your going off just let the car coast.Unless hitting a wall or fence or obstacle is imtminent,

Picture found :  thats not much of a tire there

IMG_5026.JPG

I've stayed away from these events because I hear I'm going to need tires and brakes at the end of it. Is this true? Can I go in stock form and just have fun?

I've stayed away from these events because I hear I'm going to need tires and brakes at the end of it. Is this true? Can I go in stock form and just have fun?

Yes you can run and just have fun. There's no pressure to compete. Though there are some Ricky Racers out there that have no idea of what they're doing ,ask Chameleon.

It's fun to go out and experience some of what your car is capable of.

If you've never done it before don't sweat it. ProAutoSport is very good at having instructors and its a friendly bunch, as long as you don't make them pick up brooms ;-)

It's a hell of a good time. Before I had the Vette, a friend would romp his Infiniti during IOS (Infiniti of Scottsdale) track events. Good times!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a different car now, will be there early Friday to instruct, then will be there Saturday to try out the new car.  It should be ridiculous!! or, I will look like an idiot.