No Fly Zone Gila Bend

bumpin96monte

bumpin96monte

Anyone sign up yet for No Fly Zone in October?  I'm signed up for Saturday the 8th with the vette.

I've got a bit of work to try and get done by then, but it should be a good time.

I will be there, running Saturday for sure and if I don't have to work Sunday night and spots are still available I will run Sunday as well.  Good times out there. 

I'm going to try and make it as a spectator. ill bring an mdi and laptop with gds and tech2 win if anyone wants to check how their ride is running prior to goosing it

On 9/12/2016 at 5:55 PM, NachosZO6 said:

Josh and I have a pending race for Saturday, so I'll be there.

Just curious, but if you race someone, how do you determine a winner?

Send me a PM whenever you're ready for the rollbar info.

Check with Victor and maybe work a package deal for two.

12 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Just curious, but if you race someone, how do you determine a winner?

Send me a PM whenever you're ready for the rollbar info.

Check with Victor and maybe work a package deal for two.

If you do standing starts, whoever gets to the stripe first ;-)

I'm hoping for a completion date of next week, G0D willing. I can then roll over to your place and check out the current bar in your car and go from there.

Are you saying you're willing to build the roll bar for us Tom? If so, I'm interested. Let me know Victor, and we can both go out there.

It's my first time racing at NFZ, so I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to. I can't dig worth a crap on my street tires, so it's going to have to be a roll race.

37 minutes ago, NachosZO6 said:

Are you saying you're willing to build the roll bar for us Tom? If so, I'm interested. Let me know Victor, and we can both go out there.

It's my first time racing at NFZ, so I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to. I can't dig worth a crap on my street tires, so it's going to have to be a roll race.

Nope....we are lining up at the end of the run way and/or a dig from the cones :neener_neener: Roll racing.....pfttttt

6 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

If you do standing starts, whoever gets to the stripe first ;-)

I'm hoping for a completion date of next week, G0D willing. I can then roll over to your place and check out the current bar in your car and go from there.

So standing starts are an untimed 1/2 mile drag race. Does that mean rolling starts are decided by highest terminal MPH?

Kinda wanting to know what I'd be watching, to decide if I wanted to spectate.

30 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

So standing starts are an untimed 1/2 mile drag race. Does that mean rolling starts are decided by highest terminal MPH?

Kinda wanting to know what I'd be watching, to decide if I wanted to spectate.

Correct.....there are no timers at this event....only terminal velocity at the finish line.

If I get to the finish line first (in a dig race) before the other car, regardless of terminal MPH, I'd say that's a win :) But, that race would need to be agreed upon prior to lining up.....anything other than dig racing is a crap shoot.

For those just wanting to see terminal speed, it won't matter the start procedures or "equal" starting positions or speed.

1 minute ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

Correct.....there are no timers at this event....only terminal velocity at the finish line.

If I get to the finish line first (in a dig race) before the other car, regardless of terminal MPH, I'd say that's a win :) But, that race would need to be agreed upon prior to lining up.....anything other than dig racing is a crap shoot.

For those just wanting to see terminal speed, it won't matter the start procedures or "equal" starting positions or speed.

Because the big HP cars can't get traction from a dig and always run from a roll, then it seems there really is nothing to see from a spectator's point of view other than a car show in the pits. I guess it's different for the participants who get a speed slip that's similar to a timeslip at WHP. Considering that, it's why WHP has very few spectators on the "Friday Night Drags", that is in reality, just a TnT.

If you like to see street cars go by at 150-200 MPH, then this is your event :)

But...... the big HP cars that can't get traction have a full 1/2 mile to get it hooked and run you down, which I don't have an issue with. It's a place where I can legally run 160+ MPH in a controlled environment without PoPo coming after me.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

If you like to see street cars go by at 150-200 MPH, then this is your event :)

But...... the big HP cars that can't get traction have a full 1/2 mile to get it hooked and run you down, which I don't have an issue with. It's a place where I can legally run 160+ MPH in a controlled environment without PoPo coming after me.

At Bonneville 200 is slow and 300 is better, but I still didn't enjoy it much until they approached 400. However, roaming the pits and chatting while pushing guys up to the starting line was better than just spectating.

Hey wait a minute. When did it start bothering you to run 160+ anywhere else? :smilelol  Slammer, please get in here, Victor needs some help.:yesnod

7 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

At Bonneville 200 is slow and 300 is better, but I still didn't enjoy it much until they approached 400. However, roaming the pits and chatting while pushing guys up to the starting line was better than just spectating.

Hey wait a minute. When did it start bothering you to run 160+ anywhere else? :smilelol  Slammer, please get in here, Victor needs some help.:yesnod

:smilelol Well, I am trying to be a good citizen.....trying:burnout

52 minutes ago, Ted Y said:

download.jpg

It was a red Corvette....which one of the 50 red ones at the show was it ? :facepalm:

18 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Speaking of Bonneville, I designed the engine controller on this beast.  http://www.teamvesco.com/worldofspeed2016.html

Hopefully they'll get things sorted on the car and break their goal of a wheel driven 500MPH.

I can't make October but am still trying to get to one of these events.  Seems like a lot of fun.

I think you z guys are going to be impressed with a certain alpha car at omega ;) he was running at the track event we did yesterday and lets just say it's crazy fast and mph's more than most z's have done in phx with kickass air. That's off spray too. Not posting this one up as i'll keep it close to my chest :) Stock bottom end alpha car. Nacho & Victor we will line up. 

You know me...I'll line up with anyone :)

Mike's, and all the Alpha cars, run hard and make the power..no doubt :burnout

HOXXOH...who has the best price on Hoosiers right now ? I can't remember your source for them, but if memory serves that had the best price.

1 hour ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

HOXXOH...who has the best price on Hoosiers right now ? I can't remember your source for them, but if memory serves that had the best price.

Memory lob over the net - http://www.mccormackracing.com/cgi-bin/list.pl?sc=hdotdragradial&display=hoosierdotdrag1&method=exact&order_by=pop&order=123

However, you'd need to call and remind them that their home page claims the lowest prices, because both Summit and Jegs are a few bucks cheaper today.

I'm guessing with your new power you'll want 315's rather than 275's. The border line seems to be at 600 hp. One thing to note is that as you go wider, you'll need to drop the pressure to maintain the same contact patch length. AKA trade launch for mph.

A word of warning: The NFZGB doesn't allow Hoosiers. Not sure what their reason is, but it's still their rules you need to meet. The X275 guys are running 160+ in the 1/8th and ?? in the 1/4.

52 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

Memory lob over the net - http://www.mccormackracing.com/cgi-bin/list.pl?sc=hdotdragradial&display=hoosierdotdrag1&method=exact&order_by=pop&order=123

However, you'd need to call and remind them that their home page claims the lowest prices, because both Summit and Jegs are a few bucks cheaper today.

I'm guessing with your new power you'll want 315's rather than 275's. The border line seems to be at 600 hp. One thing to note is that as you go wider, you'll need to drop the pressure to maintain the same contact patch length. AKA trade launch for mph.

A word of warning: The NFZGB doesn't allow Hoosiers. Not sure what their reason is, but it's still their rules you need to meet. The X275 guys are running 160+ in the 1/8th and ?? in the 1/4.

Yep, McCormack !!! Thanks :)

The 315 and the 275 are about the same from a sidewall perspective, and I ran the 315's the last time as well. 275 are advertised to be 4 lbs lighter, though ;-)

I hooked on a reasonably prepped track with the 315 before.......I might try the 28/10.0/17 bias ply Hoosier slick when I finally step up to the spray.

These are strictly for my 1/4 drag racing...I'll use a different tire for 1/2 events.