made some passes at WHP

Azmotorhead

Azmotorhead

First time taking my Z06 to the dragstrip. Not the best conditions to run(hot) but after the recent head and cam work plus a fresh tune from NicD I had to try it out.

Made 4 passes & couldnt get decent traction on any. 2 passes I was spinning thru third and the other 2 I had severe wheel hop. All passes made with the nannies off.

RT's were slow, roll control would have helped there.

Too all others if you make some passes post your time slips

time slips.jpg

94transamgt

The heat really kills the times, but the drag strips is fun as long as you don't break anything. Did you get any videos?

JLs Mistress

Ha Phil imagine cooler weather,traction and better 60ft. might even brake 11s what do you think? :thumbs

Azmotorhead
36 minutes ago, JLs Mistress said:

Ha Phil imagine cooler weather,traction and better 60ft. might even brake 11s what do you think? :thumbs

Pretty sure it will. With hitting 120mph in the traps if I can get it to hook at the line it'll be in the 11's

I'll take another crack at it when the weather cools (A lot)

Azmotorhead
4 hours ago, 94transamgt said:

The heat really kills the times, but the drag strips is fun as long as you don't break anything. Did you get any videos?

Stacey got a couple of videos I'll try to import them

• 3 weeks later...

not bad for first time out AZ.    Let me know next time you're going (or anyone).  I have a couple of gopro's we'll get videos and take some action pics!   

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to go out in October or so...need some seat time to get reacquainted before racing season goes into full bloom.

12 hours ago, FNBADAZ06 said:

I'm planning to go out in October or so...need some seat time to get reacquainted before racing season goes into full bloom.

I'm going Oct 28th for sure. Maybe Oct 7th if it's cool that night. But might take one last opportunity on Nov 11th, before I head East to run at MIR on the 18th.

insatiableOne
On August 6, 2016 at 5:55 AM, badbobs95 said:

I'm practicing on every entrance ramp. So much fun!

A guy flying up my rear got pulled over a couple weeks ago for speeding on the ramp by DPS. 

I was white knuckling it, I was pulling over thinking "what in the world did I do??" Then the one behind me pulled over along with the cop, so I hit the skinny pedal on out of there.

On 8/6/2016 at 5:55 AM, badbobs95 said:

I'm practicing on every entrance ramp. So much fun!

That's how I do my weekly triple digit carbon cleanout and brake test. The uphill ramps are more DPS safe, since there is no line of sight before you get to the top. Up to 100+ and back down to 70 before you reach the stop and go lights.

Guest badbobs95

I've been lucky so far and I only do it on days that end in Y. I made that up myself. OK, I stole it from somewhere.

I got pulled over once when going up the northbound onramp at Peoria Ave ....... hit 130 before the merge, right in front of a DPS running in the HOV lane.

Got let off with a warning from a cute female DPS office who is supposedly a lez....lucky me :)

I will make a few trips to Tucson's strip once it gets repaired for some practice TnT's...need some seat time to get things sorted out and back into the saddle :)

October 28th should be doable for me.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, NachosZO6 said:

I'm eager to go, is it still too hot?

I would go just to get the seat time to practice launches :)

I went out there on Friday going into Labor Day weekend to watch my friend Mike Gary run his Mustang.....wasn't very busy and he got in 8-10 passes.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI..... Phil, I might go out Friday night October 28th for Friday Night Drags, but I'm waiting to hear back from WHP on tech requirements for their TnT drag racing for Import Face-Off for the 30th. 

• 2 weeks later...