2nd Tucson Dragway street car event: 26 march 16

SkymonkeyONE

SkymonkeyONE

Well, they are doing another street car event at Tucson Dragway on the 26th of March from noon till midnight. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/961421613949475/961538653937771/  . Last time they did it a few weeks ago it was AWESOME and I'm definitely going back to run and hang out. It would be GREAT if those who are interested in going would check in in this thread so we can plan a link-up at the event. NOTE: If you plan on racing your car you'd be well advised to show up as early as you can so you don't get swamped in Tech Inspection. All the rules are in the link I posted. Ultimately, it's $20 to run as many times as you want: both "dig" and "40-roll". All you need to pass tech are tight lugnuts; a valid tag; valid drivers license and insurance; a battery tie-down; and a helmet if your car runs better than 13.8 in the quarter. They rent helmets if you don't have one....There were quite a few Corvettes at the last event. One ZR1 running, at least five C6Z's, a few C5Z's and plenty of narrow-bodies. 

My black C6Z will be parked up front, next to Tucson Tony Goodwin's (number 1 on the Tucson street racecar list) racecar trailer. Let's meet up!

Chuck

man toys.JPG

I should be out there again in the Yellow C6Z.  My wife will be in her white 2008 STI hatch as well.

Maybe we can line up for a roll race since the line seems to be way shorter.

SkymonkeyONE
20 hours ago, cr133r said:

I should be out there again in the Yellow C6Z.  My wife will be in her white 2008 STI hatch as well.

Maybe we can line up for a roll race since the line seems to be way shorter.

AWESOME! Let's do it!

• 2 weeks later...
SkymonkeyONE

REMINDER: This event is TOMORROW, 26 March from noon till midnite. 

I will be at the front gate at NOON waiting to get in and get through tech inspection as quickly as possible. My wife and got a room just off the interstate at the Hilton Garden so we don't have to drive all he way back to Coolidge tomorrow night. I'll be in the pits next to Tucson Tony's racecar trailer, up front near the restrooms. Search me out and lets have some fun!

Chuck

awesome.jpg

SkymonkeyONE

I would like to see a list of how many Tucson people, and how many people like me who are willing to drive 80 miles, are going to be there tomorrow:

1) Chuck Blue (SkymonkeyONE)

2) Billy Barr and wife