Wifes SRT4 Caliber

ascastil

Its not a Corvette but thought Id share the wifes race car with you guys. Its a 2009 Dodge Caliber SRT4. Mods are sleeved fully forged block, ported head, stage 2 cams, ARP hardware throughout, AGP 51mm turbo, AGP intercooler, E85, coilovers, tubular control arms. Just had it out at UMS for some tuning a few weeks back. Car made 456hp/470tq at 24psi. For some reason the car started cutting out so thats as far as it got that day. I think it was a fuel line that had too tight of a turn restricting fuel flow. I put some flexible fuel line on it and for the moment it seems to be working. 

The new Southbend stage 3 clutch lasted about 3 days before it gave up. Its taken back apart now and Im putting a stage 6 in, good for 600hp. 

After its all back together and I know for sure there isnt any hiccups with the fuel system, its going back to UMS to finish the tune. We plan on maxing that turbo out and it should make 500hp easily. Once she gets used to that Im sure she'll be wanting a bigger turbo. My blown C5 only makes 464 lbs of tq so I got my work cut out for me. Hope to have hers running 10s soon. Got a small brake kit to run 15s for slicks we still have to put on, along with a WOT box with no lift shift. Heres some pics I found. Not the best but its something to look at I guess.

Old motor ready to come out.

Limited slipDSC00089_zpsolshwyut.jpg

DSC00128_zps5ft8rkig.jpg

DSC00093_zpscbkleuro.jpg

DSC00102_zpsxeghtspr.jpg

CAM00232_zpsf3f5b07f.jpg

CAM001481_zps5561e6e1.jpg

CAM00153_zps7f06c4b5.jpg

DSC00226_zpsqzhiexyi.jpg

Thanks! The car has had its ups and downs. Hopefully its smooth sailing from here on out. The worst being when a local machine shop didnt tighten a main bearing nut. That little nut wiped out a brand new block. Put a hole in the side of it and bent a rod. 10k miles on an identical block to the one now was garbage. That was thousands and thousands down the drain. Shop wouldnt man up. 

• 3 months later...

Well good news. UMS called me earlier to tell me they finished the tune. I am pretty damn happy. 501hp/515tq at 30psi! The pcm fought them every minute. The car did not like over 25lbs but they kept at it. Havent picked the car up or seen the dyno sheets but Ill post them when I get a chance. This thing should surprise a few people on the street.

Its nice to have it running again and its scary as hell to drive. Even with solid mounts and lsd the torque steer is a beast. 

I had tried to mod the factory bucket with a walbro 450 but it just didnt work. Had fuel starvation issues under half a tank. Waited for a return style system to be released and installed that before taking it back for the tune. That helped a lot as far as tuning it. It turned out good.

• 3 weeks later...